Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Boyfriend...


Do NOT tell Ryno what I am about to divulge on the Internet.


I have a boyfriend.

He lives in Arizona and he sends me fresh lemons from his tree every year. And I heart him. Because he and his lemons brighten my February/March and make my table look scrumptious.


I should probably do something useful with them like juice them and make lemonade or create a wonderful low-cal salad dressing. But instead, I simply place them in a cute bowl and adore them throughout the day and think summery thoughts.

It's probably a slight waste of my thoughtful one's gift. But he doesn't mind. Because before you get too worried, you should know that my AZ Boy resembles Doc Brown from Back to the Future in appearance and energy and overall wackadoo-ness and he is actually Ryan's Uncle Ray, whom I unabashedly adore.

So, here's to Ray, the guy that rescued me on multiple occasions during my time in the desert, and the guy that rescues me from the last LONG days of winter with his citrus cheer.
Smooches!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Uncle Ray, I need some fresh yummy lemons....I can even pick them up!!
I have a delicious lemon garlic dressing if you desire to have it!! Go great with a simple salad of lettuce, parmassean cheese and some sweet toasted almond slices made by yours truly!! My mouth is watering!