Friday, March 25, 2011

Slips My Mind...



Did you know that our Kaelster is adopted?
I know, seems like a weird thing to suddenly have an epiphany about, but I swear to you, I don't even think twice about it, well, really, ever. Except for those moments when I am basking in my Mama-hood and feeling like I am earning a Mama Merit Badge of sorts and then I think of Kael's birth mom. And I send her a huge hug via ESP... like the kind of hug where you nearly tackle someone because you feel so strongly about getting your arms wrapped around their neck to really solidify your message and your feelings. An airport greeting hug if you will.

Similar to this one...
Or This one.... You're Welcome :)

It is crazy how well our baby boys fit right here in our little nest. It is clear - crystal clear - that they were a little packaged deal and that they worked with the Big Guy upstairs to ensure that he got creative enough to put them both at the same local address here on Earth. And I am so, forever grateful that Kael's birth mom was in on the plan too. And that she and her dad were in tune with the Spirit to know what was best for her and for our Kael.





Life.
It sorta just takes care of itself. We all kind of get on board and strap ourselves in for the ride. And I can't tell you how happy I am with mine - even amidst the chaos and the messes... which have multiplied ten-fold with our ever growing mobility and cache of tricks... I get these freakin' amazing vistas of love and brotherhood and joy every day. And I can see a little sliver of Heaven in the form of my little blue-eyed wonders. It's all pretty dang incredible and I try to soak it in through every one of my pores every single day.





Our boys are different. And yet they are oh so the same. One has big cheeks that are soft and sweet - like cookie dough - and his blonde hair looks platinum when it catches the rays of the sun. He is loud and strong and passionate and he gives huge bear hugs with his chubby little dimpled arms. But those eyes.... those blue ocean eyes, they are his unquestionable link to his brother. Who also wears those soul-searching ice moon orbs and who has a delicate little nose and one dimpled cheek in his olive complexion. He is lively and agile and determined. And his rock star hair begs for kisses atop his little head. But you hardly notice any differences at all when you watch them giggle in the back yard with their beloved dog or mimic one another as they play.
They are both ours. They are both amazing.
And we are incredibly lucky.


And really, that's all I have to say. Except that amidst runny-noses and dirty diapers I can, and sometimes do, momentarily lose sight of my little slice o' Heaven. Not on purpose. But it happens. So when the blissful sounds of slumber enter our home once again each afternoon; I bask. Not in the sleepy noises, but in my life. And I take a few moments to just think and let my heart sop it all up like a sponge. I ponder on my blessings. Our little men. My big man. Our happy home. Our comforts in life. And all the good things yet to come.

And there is not a day that goes by that those blessings slip my mind. :)

5 comments:

lisa louise said...

sniff, sniff! no really, i'm not making fun!

Mel said...

I Love reading your posts!! Those are the luckiest boys EVER to have you for their mama!!

The Belnaps said...

How'd you ever get to be so good with words?...Tellin' ya..I feel an author breaking through. Very lucky boys for sure..and that includes Rygar..incase he has forgotten:)

Adam and Melisa said...

Love Love Love...you are great with words!! Somehow you say everything I feel....so perfectly! How could life possibly be better?!

PNRBAC said...

Don't worry, instead of fixing dinner I have spent the last hour catching up on your bliggity blog which, by the way, is the cutest blog ever - I'm sure it has nothing to do with the handsome little studs you keep posting pics of ;) Love this post Amber - thanks for sharing. Life does give glimpses of heaven and eternity when we look for them doesn't it? And with angels making messes and crawling through our legs it's easy to stay close to heaven. Love it. Thanks for posting.