Wednesday, March 30, 2011

At the Expense...


You know what's crazy? The general law of the land that when you have "chillun" in your home, you can tackle a new project, but only at the expense of something else. Allow me to further pontificate...

Monday I had on the old to do list "clean the pantry". And I was going to make it happen. I was feeling the fire of a Monday morning task. The babes and I even went to Wally-World to gather some organizational tools and a Diet Coke so we were fully prepared. We got home and the fun began. I emptied the pantry and placed "like with like" items all over the counters and the table and mean while... the little whirlwinds had emptied the toy chest, several drawers in the kitchen, a canister of Gerber Cheetos and Dax's sock and shoe bins. All of 'em. By the time nap time rolled around the pantry looked stellar. I was beaming.
(I mean, look at it - drool - adore it... I get it)



Until I turned around to face my next project and it took me three hours to repair the damage done to the rest of our humble abode by these happy little feet and hands.



Then I blinked and the little balls of fire were up and at it again. This time I was in the midst of a closet re-org (why do we all feel the need to clean and purge just because the seasons change?) Anyway, it was snowing out and I hadn't fed the dog so I put him and my two little men in the garage together and they were giggling hysterically. Dax was cruising in the walker... Kael was chasing him... Coop was dining.
Happy Sounds = Happy Mom.


They look so innocent here - I know - You can probably barely believe they ever get into trouble, eh?!


Followed shortly by a not so happy sound... the crash of the dog food container and kiblets scattering from hell to breakfast all over the concrete floor. I knew my Big K had some guns (he shows us daily) but I had no idea he could push over that big old thing. And so, the closet re-org got put on hold while I shoveled up dog food with Kael and his little blue plastic shovel. Which he happened to think was the most fun project of all time. Sigh.



So, there you have it. My challenge o' the week. To tackle some spring cleanin' projects with my two little "handy mannys". The good news is at the rate we're moving, we'll be done by, oh - maybe August. And the other good news is the weather is supposed to get fab by the end of week and then even I might throw the list of projects to the back burner and go play in the sun with my little guys. We're wild that way. :)

2 comments:

The Belnaps said...

It looks fabulous..and I totally get it..yesterday I tackled the toy closet..it took me forever with maggie interested in toys she had never seen before....

Chrystie said...

This post is so funny because it is sooooo true. I am not sure what it is about spring that makes me want to get rid of everything, but the guys at the DI are going to start recognizing me soon.