Monday, March 21, 2011

H.O.M.E.


You know that feeling you have when you go to your home? The home where you were raised with the people that raised you? The home town where you shopped at the department store and went to the playground and walked along the canal banks?

I LOVE that home.

It's like Dorothy said, "There's just no place like it."

The boys and I escaped to my home this weekend and fittingly enough, I sported my red Pumas. And I'm pretty sure the little men felt this "awe of reverence" by the way I smiled and gushed and talked them through the next "must do". We made it to the Dairy. We made it to IFA to see the Easter chicks. We made it to the swings. AND we still had plenty of time for Grandpa's March Madness jigs and Grandma's lap.



We missed our RyGar. But when a girl's arms are empty in the walls of her own home, sometimes she just hits the road and heads to THAT HOME. And it fills up her soul and makes her H.A.P.P.Y. :)

* These pictures are from last weekend. Slacker that I am, I forgot the camera on our trip HOME.

And Lord knows, she needed a little happy, because as an addendum to the last " bath tub" post, we had another "incident". Only this time, one tub became contaminated by one baby, and the second tub become toxic by the second. Both babies and their mama ended up in the shower as I cursed antibiotics that cause stress to little digestive tracks and I used two cans of the expensive Kaboom disinfecting all things bathroom.

Bless you happy HOME and Mom and Dad for saving a gal on the edge...
And Happy Monday Ya'll.
Spring is here...
:)

3 comments:

Mel said...

So nice to have a Mama home to run back too!! Only another year and a few months before my Mama returns! sniff, sniff!

Lindsay said...

I love HOME too! :)

PNRBAC said...

Great post girl. I love IFA - and I didn't even grow up in the country! Sorry about the blow outs - antibiotics are killer!