Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ducks - Take Two...


If you are unfamiliar with our last go to feed the ducks let me sum it up in a few short sentences:


Kael charges into icy water to catch a duck.
Ducks make horrendous, unnatural sounds & flee the scene.
Freezing, wet toddler grins ear-to-ear as Mama pulls him from the frigid waters.
Baby soaks it all in & takes copious notes for his turn to freak out a mama in the future.


Needless to say I was scared shitless (Sorry, Mom, but that is one of THE funniest swear word sayings) to try this little outing again sans Daddy-O, but duty calls and he was at work. What's a girl to do? Wait in the safety of her own fenced yard for the man of the house to accompany her and the boys to see the ducks later and miss out on the freakin' fabulous 60 degree weather? I don't think so. We were due a dose of Vitamin D.



Anyway, I am happy to report that WE DID IT! No children or ducks were harmed during our visit to the duck pond today and mercy, I almost thought it was too good to be true.



So this is me, just taking a little victory lap in the blog-o-sphere.
(Roaring Applause)



Funny what constitutes a victory these days, eh?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I say if you leave your abode and you've brushed your teeth! It's a victory. That's how I see it these days.

The Belnaps said...

If we are all dressed and ready before 11am...I am amazed at myself..I mean we are up at 7ish..how does this happen..stuff and more stuff I guess. I am taking the 3 girls to Disney on ice tomorrow..I am making poor Nate come..connor is in LV with my fam cheering on Jimmer...hopefully we won't have to many meltdowns..especially over the $50 wands and crap!

Chrystie said...

Atta girl! You are so brave to return to the scene of the crime.

Jen McGill said...

I agree with the savvy posters above that just getting out of the house without fuzzy teeth constitutes a victory in SAHM hood. You get extra points for two under the age of two, btw. I used to include a shower in this equation but now even that is considered a luxury not worthy of the random Costco outing or trip to the grocery store. Bravo, Amber! Bravo!