Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ryan's Rants...


I am going to write in to some Electronics Guru and pose a very important question. But first, I'm asking all of you because one of you geniuses is bound to know the answer...

Here's the dealio - RyGar insists that we have to "train" our new phone system. Let me expand, he feels it necessary to leave the cordless phones off their bases until they are nearly dead because, and I quote, "We have to train the phone batteries to last longer."

Really?
Could this be true? OR is this one of his strange little OCD beliefs OR is he just purposefully trying to drive me insane? I think yes... on all counts but number one.

This means that there are literally SIX phones lying NEXT TO their bases all throughout the house and I am slowly going nuts. I really just want to walk through and follow the little crumb trail and place them all on their BASES because, oh yeah, that is what BASES are for - for phones to sit upon. No?!

Please tell me your Brother's Uncle runs a Best Buy and told you that there is absolutely no truth to this idea and that it is a common misnomer. Please point me in the direction of some great article from Tech Daily that laughs at such follies.
Please. Help Me. Please.
:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there Amber! I asked my "guru" husband and he said that older battery technology have memory capability and require draining to make them last longer. Notice he said "old" technology, meaning that "new" technology may not have that type of battery. NiCd batteries historically had memory and it was required to do this crazy procedure that Ryno is suggesting. Ed seems to be supporting Ryan's thought process but suggest to read the manual (who reads those--really) and find out what they suggest and if it is this crazy NiCd battery.

Now my take is that I wouldn't care what type of battery it is or what the manual states. It is not worth the stress of making your house look less than "tidy" to train a battery. Come on Ryan, your wife loves a clean house--help her out here! :) The only reason you would ever hope that the battery would last longer is if someone lost the phone under your couch. We know you don't have change under there :) so I doubt that you will lose any of your receivers for any length of time. I vote to place those phones in their bases and beg for forgivness. Good luck--I am 100% with you on this one girl!!!

The Belnaps said...

What is it with boys..Nate is the same..he will leave his radio on until the battery has "cycled" and it will sit and beep at me for hours..it drives me nutso..and as for the phones...girl you put those suckers on their homes...Ryans at work..he'll never know :)Sorry Ry..you know you can't win this one...

Kimberly said...

I would like to maybe suggest that Ryan might be helping in the "OCD" area of life. Maybe a phone off the base is good therapy...just an idea! ;) Besides, you never know when the next power outage will hit and you won't be able to charge your phones (in which case you probably wouldn't be able to use the phone anyway, but it's just something to think about!) lol!