Monday, February 28, 2011

Mind Games...

I'm always talking to RyGar about how powerful the mind is... particularly mine. No kidding, I've envisioned this ridiculously fortunate life of ours for years and with that kind of focus (or sheer stubborn will), the grace of God, and some hard work along the way, here we are... living the dream. And I have a huge attitude of gratitude for this blessed life of ours.

But, lest ye think I am about to get carried away into the land of unicorns, rainbows and roses (yet again)... feast your eyes on these... the highlights of the annual girls' home show trip in not so sunny St. George.



Let me throw a huge shout of thanks out to my man, RyGar, who wrestled the babes by himself all weekend so mama could have her first official get away sans boys. I actually think he hugged me tighter and shed a little tear of joy upon my arrival home... ain't it nice to be appreciated?! And a big kiss to our mamas... one who hosted me at the Home Show and the other who was basically "Meals on Wheels" here for the boys... you didn't really think he did it ALL by himself did you? :)

And a little HOO-Rah to my sista, because there are only a few people in this world that I can get caught in a fit of giggles with that will bring me to a stomach ache and tears. We had our giggle fit full on at Outback Steakhouse and both of us were bawling and my Mom was mystified as to what was so funny. Honestly, Mom - we were too. Just one of those punchy little moments that you have to document.

In summary, there is a section of my mind that has zoned in on a few features of these amazing homes... and I remind you... the mind is a powerful, powerful thing. :)

4 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

That giggling episode was SO great! I still don't know what was so funny either. Loved it and all of it even if I had a cold and it was rainy =)

Chrystie said...

Glad to hear the boys all survived. Now Ryan can appreciate you so much more since he has walked a mile in your red shoes (but not really, since he probably didn't clean anything or do any laundry or any of that other stuff).

Kanabites said...

Totally agree with you on the doesn't matter what we are doing when we get away with out any of the kiddos it's a great trip. BUT next time I don't want so much stress while we are gone! :)

The Belnaps said...

I am with you on the mind thing..I can see my future home and it's sweet! Maybe we'll be neighbors with our magical minds and cool digs.