Wednesday, January 2, 2013

From the Phone of...


Remember those very secretarial little pink "While You Were Out" memos that used to sit by your Grandma's phone?  The very same phone that was an olive green or mustard gold colored mangy corded thing with a rotary-dialer or whatever you might call those?  My kids will never know the unravel - ravel - unravel the phone cord game.  Or the "ding-da-da-da-da-da-da" as you dialed each and every number and the dial rotated back to home position.  What a shame.



My very favorite memos were from my Dad's office and they said, "From the Desk Of" and they were a very scholastic color of yellow with bold black typeface that implied, "This message is from the Boss, Yo."  And I can neither confirm nor deny taking a couple pads of those things from Garkane Power and stashing them away in my toy room underneath Barbie's mattress which defeated the purpose since I was too scared to actually use them except for the occasional satisfactory little note to myself... lame.

Well, whew, all that for this... a version of "From the Phone Of" which is the new-aged version of the latter description.  I should totally make an app like that... but I don't know how to program fancy shmancy computer widgets for snappy smart phones, so onward...


Pics, from the first leisurely days of 2013, from the phone/camera of Yours Truly...
Also known as Pictures from "X Marks the Spot".
The spot that I'm standing on, and funny enough, the very spot I want to be right now in all its mundane details and wholly unglamorous self.




Which is a lot easier said than done if you really think about it, eh?
Boo-Ya, New Year's Resolution...
Mama's happy and willing to have everything I need - right under my nose - right now.



  
Because, I mean, not to be a braggart or anything, but have you seen what's right here at "my spot" these days?  Three handsome, blue-eyed babes in mini-man form that will make any one's uterus ache a little or a lot bit.  Just sayin'.  My life - well, let's just say it doesn't suck to be Amber Gardner.  :)

"One Meeeeelllllliiiiiooon Dollars"
Hurry, name that movie.




 So, from the desk of Amber G.... where there is nothing truly noteworthy going on... and yet everything of importance is taking place... all at once somehow.
Happy New Year...
Again. 

:)

3 comments:

Chrystie said...

I am with ya. Those pictures are beautiful! Have a Happy New Year Gardner fam!

The Sutherland Family said...

Cute pics...Love the yellow matching outfits. Is that a star egg Acer is eating?

The Belnaps said...

i totally had that movie pinned even before I saw the caption..dang i'm good! and I guess i need me an iphone..maybe that would help my blogging or lack thereof!