Friday, January 11, 2013

Funny Little Things...

I took my kids to Ikea earlier this week because, duh, it's January and the weather kind of blows outside and the air is literally poisonous and the sledding hills have become ice slicks and what doesn't brighten your day more than "Kea Juice" and those darling little lamb shaped marshmallows that only the Swedes would dream up?

Any whootie... We had exactly one thing on our list in addition to our snacks.... four legs to a little desk we bought so it would be just enough taller that Acers could not climb upon it to consequently fall off and earn a goose egg.  Wow.  Is this totally riveting yet?
Here is the point.  FINALLY.

The legs came packaged in twos.  And my kiddos imaginations are busting at the seams right now.  And suddenly, those two-pack desk legs became binoculars.  And I literally just burst out laughing as my little men mimicked their Daddy-o and scoured the horizon for "big deers" and "uge elk". 


 Of course I sent proof to Papa Bear so his heart could double in size and palpitate nearly out of his chest with pride.  Because really, he earned that.  He was the one that scouted the mountainsides with each of them this fall on their first "real hunt".


These boys are starting to really "play" and imagine and dream up big dreams.  And I devour it like I'm in the Hunger Games.  Because, it slays me.  Their funny little stories and games and exclamations just kill me dead.

Like today, they have already found a popcorn that looks like an airplane and eaten it up like a monster.  And now they're outside mowing the lawn aka trudging through the new mounds of snow as if our very lives depend upon it because I guess shoveling is just SO yesterday?



Also, random side note.  It is worth documenting that we had our very first ingested penny around here. Old Acers done ate some cold hard cash.  I knew he was priceless.


Wow, kids so cool they crap money?
You're jealous.  I know.

5 comments:

PNRBAC said...

Your kids can crap at my house anytime. 'Bout time we got paid to change their britches!

Our Family said...

I have looked at your blog for years. I laugh every single time and I need that. I am so happy for you and your three very fun little boys. I love that you enjoy even there not so stellar normal moments. Thanks Kappy

jasmin said...

your kids are such cuties. oh we had a scary moment with our little one a year ago where he tried to eat a penny too, but we werent so lucky and it got stuck in his throat and had to be removed at utah valley. that penny cost us quite a penny! lol. gotta love the adventures of having boys. We have 6 and the fun never ends.

jasmin said...

amber i just got your message. our little guy was just fine when i called for an abulance and they checked him out. said everything was ok, but after an hour or so, he was gagging over and over again. you could tell he was having a hard time and we knew for sure it was stuck. im surprised that your little one swallowed the penny and had no problems at all. so they had to put him under anesthetics and pull the penny out.
He is 2 1/2 and still puts things in his mouth all the time. i have to constantly watch him! little stinker.

jasmin said...

Oh and my Family Rules signs are $20. Let me know if you would like one and i would be happy to meet you and drop it off.