Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy Days...

RyGar's Birthday is today.
Which means, we've been celebrating Ryno and the birth of such a handsome mug for the entire week; and, knowing him, it will stretch all the way into February.  :)


And that's probably why he's smiling that big gorgeous smile of his.
Good thing he's worth it.

I would walk through fire for this man.  I know it sounds totally, sickeningly cliche, but I love him more now than I did the day I married him and even more with each passing year.  That's not to say I don't despise him now and again.  Believe me, we have an uncanny ability to make one another crazy and with two stubborn and passionate souls... there are fireworks.  Both the good and bad kind if you're pickin' up what I'm puttin' down.  But on the whole.  He is MY guy.  And I am so so spoiled rot-ten lucky to be able to say that.

And let's be real, seeing him with our kids?  Fugeddaboudit.  It makes me a sorry puddle of attraction.  Puddy.  Sap.  All of it.  Ain't nothin' sexier than a good daddy-o.

So, before these words I am typing literally drip off the screen in a pool of mush, let me share a snappy little story about RyGar in honor of his big day...

I took the boys to get haircuts because occasionally we must enlist the help of a pro-fesh even though I practically am one.  LIE.  I walked in and gave our phone number and that was all it took. 
"Oh, you're Ryan's wife!  And these are his cute boys!  We love Ryan around here.  He is such a great guy.  He tells us the funniest stories about your kids.  He is one proud papa.  And he totally thinks you are amazing.  He's so sweet when he talks about you.  We will totally give you Ryan's discount.  Make sure you tell him we said, 'Hi' and come back soon.  It's so great to meet you!"
Why, oh why, don't I wear my cute new colored skinny jeans and curl my hair on these days?
You know?

Anyway, Cue me texting RyGar, "Hey, I'm at your favorite hair cut establishment and they are all gushing about you.  You are a total flirt!  How do I put up with you?  P.S. Good job on the discount."

Response:  "Everyone loves me.  It's my lot in life.  I just give and give.  Get used to it.  :)"


Damn if he isn't right.
And sorry Mama, but he does bring out the sassafras, cussin', wild side of me.
And I dig it.

XOXO RyGar... my Birthday Boy.
From Me, The Little Men, and All Your Adoring Fans.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!! It must be in the name because my Ryan thinks we need to celebrate his entire birth month! Geesh!

Cracking up at your boys mowing the snow! hahahaha!

Miss you guys!

The Belnaps said...

why is it that boys pick out a bday gift months in advance..then they "forget" about it and need more when their actual bday rolls around? They seriously have things figured out! Happy Bday to your man! Tell him hi from me!