Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Take it Away...


Deep Breath...
I'm about to take away the binkie.
And though he doesn't see it coming, he might just feel my anxiety about the whole deal.
I'm a bit unsettled to say the least.
I am nervous for the transition.
I am a tiny bit sad to let go of another "baby thing".
I am not sure I'm ready for him to shed his security blanket nor I my crutch.


But it must be done.
His older brother has turned into a thief in the night.
Literally.
Last weekend he snuck into the baby's room and traded cars & blankets for binkies in the cloak of darkness, then silently snuck back into his own room where he blissfully sucked himself back to sleep.
Oh, Daxi.


So, for both of their sakes - we're bidding adieu to the much loved binks.
Here are a few final shots with the comfort of our little rubber made coping mechanisms nearby.


And, oh Gosh, can you even believe I made him?
Aren't you proud of me?

:)

3 comments:

PNRBAC said...

So proud. So very very proud. Aren't those binkis the best? And can I please just squish those cheekers? Please? Just a little?...

PNRBAC said...

p.s. I am a religiously devoted reader of your blog. I just comment on your posts in my mind...I'm repenting ;)

Mel said...

Such a doll! And Oh Mom-ma, I'm saying my prayers for you! I only had one binkie lover and I stopped him at 5 months and vowed to never start another baby again! And then I got a thumb sucker! Oui!!

As for the Elf, my kids loved, loved, loved looking for him each morning and I would find them telling him their Christmas wishes. The down side is remembering to move him every night and trying to come up with something creative. Our Elf was boring most of the time because we wouldn't remember until we crawled into bed! haha But over all the kids loved it and that's what counts!