Saturday, January 19, 2013

Penny Pincher...


I am a little bit richer today.  Yep, thank the Heavens above, I finally got paid by Acey to change his derriere.  Sweet little boy, leavin' his mama a tip.  


I'm not gonna lie, as the days passed and I fingered through contents of diaper after diaper with no treasure, I was getting more and more nervous.  And the worst thoughts came to mind, like, I bet it is totally obstructing his small intestine.  Or, holy crap, is he going to get lead poisoning or need a tetanus shot asap?  And then, when I was about to stop donning latex every time Acers smelled ripe, I found it.  Hallelujah.  And out of sheer, what, exactly... spite, relief, comedic gold??  I have opted to keep the penny and do something totally ornery like Super Glue it to his Piggy Bank (post sanitation, of course).  Because seriously, what else to do with such a collectors item?



And so the question has been posed, the gauntlet has been thrown down, or "game on" as we say... If you have THE suggestion for what to do with "The Penny de Acey", please, do share.  We are totally open minded, unless you propose throwing that little thing back into circulation at the nearest grocery store.  I mean c'mon, we can do better for one another here in the good ole' USofA.

3 comments:

Chrystie said...

Um.....ew. So glad it turned up :-)

After you soak that bad boy in bleach for like a week, it would be kind of funny to keep it. Gluing it to his piggy bank is a cute idea. Maybe frame it in a cute little frame with one of those penny slogans "A penny saved is a penny earned?" or "See a penny, pick it up..." ;-) I agree that I don't want it in circulation. This is another reason I operate on a cashless system. I am pretty sure no one has ever swallowed my AmEx.

The Sutherland Family said...

I did not know he did this! Not sure what to tell u to do with that penny!! I just threw Allis away so u should def keep his!

The Belnaps said...

good job Ace! and a slap on your back to mama for diggin through mounds of shizzers! Nice one!