Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Layers...


Here is Kaelster.
I have a new nickname for our three-year-old giggler....
"Mister Mischief"


He deserves the formal title since he looks so gentlemanly, right?

Anyway, on those days of the week when Big K joins my other nappers, he finds himself energized into the evening hours, long after he is kissed goodnight and tucked into bed.  It is such a quandary... to nap or not to nap?  That is the question...


And this brings me to Mister Mischief and his many layers.  Friday night RyGar and Yours Truly were enjoying the "Friday Night Experience" as it has come to be known as.  Which means we order take out and watch a movie after all the littles are supposedly dreaming.  And here comes Big K with a butt the size of Texas.  No lie - he looked, suddenly, obese and I was mystified, because, well, it was dark and I was wearing my sexy specs and I just wasn't expecting such a visit and I was deep into the plot of Hit & Run which, ironically, has little to no plot.  


Regardless, it turns out Kaelster has been hiding his talents.  Big Man can and DOES dress himself in the quiet of his room when he is nearly bored to tears.  And dress himself, he did, repeatedly.  He came up to show us all his pants and to get help putting on that one last pair that really needed to be added to his ensemble.  No wonder he couldn't do this pair himself, it was layer number SIX.  He could barely bend over let alone tug those puppies up his thighs.


We were cracking up but trying (and failing miserably) to maintain a parental aura about us and keep things to business.  We congratulated him on dressing himself, stripped a few layers off to avoid heat stroke, and then walked him back to his room AGAIN for what we hoped was actual sleep time.


As I was pulling the blankets up under his little grinning chinny-chin-chin, Kaelster said, "I luv brudder."  And I stroked his chubby little cheek and said, "Oh that is so nice to love your brothers.  What a good boy you are."  To which he said, "No, Mommy, I luv butter.  And brown sugar."  Then he rolled onto his side and took a deep breath and was well on his way to slumber town.

Mmmm Hmmmm.  
Sweet dreams our little Mischief Maker.
And, wha-what?  
Boys.  I shall always wonder about them. 
:)

4 comments:

The Belnaps said...

I hate those moments when you have to be all parent-like and you are totally bursting with grins and giggles..wait til you have to have the birds and bees talk...whew..I barely made it through that one :)

The Sutherland Family said...

"Mister Mischief" is the perfect nickname for him! =)I love his choice of layers though!

Kanabites said...

I love me some butter too! What a kid!

Kanabites said...

I love me some butter too! What a kid!