Friday, January 4, 2013

This is How We Do It...


Yesterday I went to get milk at our local market also known as Costco.  Listen.  Costco is a blessing in my life right now for milk, bread, cheese and wipes alone.  That is all I'll say about that but I'm thinking of investing or at least becoming one of those people that endlessly fold the tables of clothes (you know, the ones you feel so bad for as you dive in to a pile of footed jammies looking for a 2T?) all so I can get an employee discount.  Can you even imagine how important Costco will be when the littles are bigger littles?  Like teenage mutant ninja littles?  Heaven help us.


Anyway - I pulled up.  I parked.  I went through the lengthy motions of unloading my entourage.  I walked to the doors in freezing cold temps where a popsicle of a lady told me, "Sorry, we're closed today due to some unfortunate circumstances."

Wha- What?


And get this, my Costco was closed due to a fire.  A FIRE!  Now you would think that me of all people would understand having survived a childhood house fire.  Totally devastating.  But what did I do?   I quickly texted RyGar and my sis and told them the news...  Something really empathetic and profound that showed my deepest sympathies - something like, "Dude... our Costco is closed today because they had a fire!  Lame.  Now I have to load the kids back up and go get normal milk at a normal price.  Duh."


Sometimes I need a good whack upside the head.  Maybe a little backhand swat to the behind?  Something.  Sheesh, for the love, Amber!

Anyway, I decided to trek to the next available Costco like everyone else in a thirty mile radius and as we were pulling in to the entirely too crowded parking lot and reciting the "rules of engagement" as we always do, Kael bowled me over with a disciplinary nugget as I have never witnessed before...


"Daxi.  Daxi.  Dax.  Dax Gawno.  Wook at me wif yo eyes, Daxi.  Aw you wistening to me?  OK.  Daxi, you have to weave yo shoes on at the Costco, Dax.  OK?"

To which his serious little brother answered, "Yeah.  OK, K-O.  Weave my shoes on.  OK."

It's funny how they alternate being the responsible party vs the rambunctious one.  You just never know which version of which kiddo will come out to play.


But we do know that soon I will be extinct.  Not necessary.  Superfluous.  Because these little men of mine will guide one another through life and on to complete world domination.


And so, from a dying species....

Happy Weekend!  :)

1 comment:

PNRBAC said...

Look at those EYES!! Oh my goodness how can you stand it - he could get away with murder just by flashing those beauties....and those LASHES?! So.not.fair.