Sunday, December 2, 2012

Naps are Awesome...


I don't know why it is that my littles fight naps like Ninjas on steroids.  For the life of me, I don't get it?  Naps, to me, are like, "Free shoes & chocolate all wrapped up into one."  
What gives?


So, a few days ago I was the Enforcer... the Nap Enforcer.  Also known as the Awake Terminator, the freakin' Sleep Fairy from the Land of La La or the Zzzz's Gal.  


Acey Boo snuggled in fast and sweetly... he is, after all, still a baby... or so I tell myself. 


Dax Man fought a good fight for a brief  moment and then succumbed because he is two and it is still inevitable much to his chagrin (Thanks be to Jesus).  


And Kaelster... whew, this one takes some raw talent on my part.  We peed.  We drank some warm milk.  We snuggled in to watch the "aminows" on my phone (that's animals in the event that your toddler speak isn't up to par) and then we peed again.  And FINALLY.  Holy blissful slumber that little big man fell into a deep and lovely sleep.

And me?  I slid out of the bed all smooth like liquid mercury and sat on the couch and ate a fancy lunch of a two-hour-old sweet potato by myself - cause I'm totally hip like that.  I didn't even multitask and look at Pinterest... I just SAT.


For the record, the overlap nap time reached a grand total of 18 minutes.  
But oh, those 18 minutes... Right?
And wouldn't you just nap and nap and nap if this is what you did in your "wind down time"?
Me too.

Also let the record show that I, Amber G, do hereby promise that there is nothing more adorable than long lashes resting against completely relaxed, flushed with sleep, rose petal soft cheeks.  Take it to the bank.  NOTHING.  


Those warm and snugly little lumps of baby meat all tucked into soft blankies and breathing evenly?  Perfection.  And that is one of those times when you know that the Big Man upstairs totally knows what he is doing.  Warm dreamy cherubs.  Well done, Big Man.  Well done.


And so, on a week day afternoon, there was bliss.
And maybe, just maybe, I have high hopes for a couple of nap sessions this coming week...
For the three amigos...
And Possibly their mama.


Amen.

4 comments:

Chrystie said...

I sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo miss naptime. Like you would not BELIEVE how much I miss it. And you are right, I was thinking to myself just a few minutes ago how there is nothing better than sweetly sleeping kiddos. Hope the stars and the kids align and that you can find some overlap again this week!

Oh, and here is how I figured a trick around the blog storage limit: I use Shutterfly when I print off hard copies of my photos (which I still do from time to time). I uploaded the pictures I wanted on my blog to my Shutterfly account (free of charge) and then I popped the URLs of the pictures into the blog instead of uploading the pictures. Done and done. No $$ changing hands. If you need more info, let me know!

The Sutherland Family said...

I hope you can squeeze in a nap this week! I love Ace's pj's...i totally thought he was wearing a little race car costume or something at first!

The Belnaps said...

i am totally eating my lunch whilst reading blogs..etc. and look at you go...3 babes asleep all at the same time..you must be magic!

Liz said...

I love his pajamas (santa) they are so cute !!Naps are a must if not mom goes kind of crazy..
liz