Saturday, December 22, 2012

Reindeer Food...


T minus three days 'til the big day.


And even though it is literally freezing out... I could not resist one last outing.  
Because, Dude... 
We saw Santa's reindeer.


I knew my kids would go nuts about it.  I mean, really, do you think there could be anything cooler than that if you were tiny and you'd been singing Jingle Bells at the top of your lungs every day or talking to Santa weekly for the past month?  


As aforementioned... we totally dig Christmas this year.

And even though they had convinced themselves they could feed old Dasher, there were no tears shed after a tiny bit of anxiety/fast talkin'.  In fact... it was all a bit mesmerizing and magical. 


Especially when Blitzen came up for some one-on-one face time with Kaelster.
Just look at that candid little face.
I think it may have had something to do with the hat - eh?


Acers thought it was pretty awesome to see the "DEEE-YA".  And he'd look at me with his big saucer blues and then reach his little hand out and proclaim them deer once again and then look back at me and smile.  I almost just melted right there in a puddle of mama love - except that - again, it was 29 degrees out so I remained in my solid state.


And there you have it.  Another thing to say we done did this holiday season under the guise of doing it "for the kids".  Feed the Rangifer Tarandas... that's right... just thought I'd throw in a little trivial pursuit 411 in case you're gathering around the table for family game night tonight.  It's my Christmas gift to you... the scientific name for Santa's Reindeer.  What can I say - I'm a giver.  :)


Merry Christmas... 
From Prancer and me.

No comments: