Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It Done Blew Up...


So... Christmas decorating.  It kind of took over there for a little minute.  And it was complete and utter chaos with a tornado of glitter, shattered bulbs and discarded pine needles. 



I don't know why it was all encompassing.  Well, just kidding, I totally do.  I feel it.  The pressure to make one of my favorite holidays become a favorite of my littles... full of lights and magic and tradition and all kinds of yumminess for their little memories to gobble up.  I know that the moment we put a mini tree in each of their rooms - they were sold, but what is a mama good for if not stressing over the details to ensure that "Christmas is Awesome" thoughts run through their little heads?  Am I right?


Anywho... we shoved in a couple of "Do it yourself" projects because - well, we can "do it ourselves" y'all and it's fun to get my project on with my little task oriented soldiers.  The little troops gathered and spray painted pine cones with me for the tree and I made a wreath courtesy of Pinterest using those nasty peppermint disks that everyone hates to eat except after the occasional over-garlicky restaurant meal when one of them is welcomed.  


And tada... We done finished decking the halls.
Hallelujah.

After a couple of days of unloading bins and decorating and redecorating and then packing and restacking empty bins.... oh geez, these little kids deserved a sweet reward and we all needed to guzzle an icy bev and kick up our heels.




Soooo... off we went.  For a couple of blue ocean waters and one Diet Coke
and a pony ride... or Twelve.

  

   
And it's done... the decorating and the shopping - it's all history.  And so I say, bring it, December.  We've got "pretty lights" to see and Santa to chat with and hot chocolate to drink and reindeer jammies to wear... maybe with our Sunnies... we're cool like that.


And I, for one... CAN NOT wait.  
:)

3 comments:

Chrystie said...

Saweet! We got the tree up and the wreath on the door and then I pooped out. You have inspired me to continue to wrap garlands and put up stockings by the chimney with care...I didn't know I got a pony ride when I was done!

Lisa said...

amen sister, amen....Haven't finished decorating yet, but I am almost done with the ordering online shopping and ready to just CELEBRATE.

Liz said...

I love your tree!!

pS
is that Ashley's little girl on Persnickety clothing fb page?