Sunday, December 9, 2012

Talk Boy(s)...


Do you remember that awesome little gadget that MacCaulay Culkin had on Home Alone?  No?  Seriously, let's pour us something tasty and pull that baby up on Apple TV shall we?  Home Alone is a Christmas Classic, I say. 

Anyway, it was a little hand held recorder that could alter his voice and make him sound like Deep Throat or a Smurf and would cause a cacophony of laughter either way.


I totally remember it.  For your Jeopardy Holiday knowledge and for the record it is called a "Talk Boy" and it was like THE BEST gift I ever received from Santa.  I'm quite certain it provided days worth of entertainment for me and my siblings and friends and it became the funniest damn travel toy of all time well beyond the "recommended age" limits... oh the things you can do in the back seat of a car with a toy as cool as that one was.  I think it should maybe be a required feature in all new cars because it kept us all THAT occupied.  Just an idea, American Automobile makers.  Just an idea.

Anywho... I no longer have that little thing.  Though I wish I did because don't people buy stuff like that on E-Bay for big bucks?  If not, don't guffaw or choke on your morning beverage when you read that.  I am an E-Bay virgin.  Thus, I am clueless as to what people really buy on E-Bay.  Sorry.

I do, however, have something(s) that might just trump the old talk boy.  I have the live and in person version... also known as "talk boys" in the plural form.  Which even STILL sort of blows my mind... I have little boys - BOYS - like in bulk!  And they're gosh darn hilarious and they use their cute faces and giant saucer eyes to woo me every single day...




Anyway, the talk boys operate like your standard recorders - they hear what you say and then they spit it right back out at you in soprano voices.  It's a little daunting if I'm gonna be honest...

Here are this weeks recordings - played back in "Christmas Chipmunk Mode"...


"O-M-G, ACEY!"  
Courtesy of Kaelster who walked into the playroom to find every single book thrown from the bookshelf and scattered across the floor.  He followed it up with a, 
"Acey, time-a-go-n sit at waw?"
The consequences he knows - this little disciplinarian.


"Gaw-wee, K-OH!"
And this is when you know Kael has really done a number and Dax Man has caught him in the act. 
And both these guys are so "holier than thou" when they catch one another and they realize they miraculously weren't a part of the original wrong-doing.  Suddenly they are SO shocked that their brother would commit such a heinous play room crime.  Dude, you did the same thing TOGETHER just yesterday, remember? 


P.S.  Let's initiate a poll here:  Is it more embarrassing that I spelled out OMG or that I said Golly?
This is gonna be a close one.

What I'm really learning is to watch my tongue.  These little walking electronics are total sponges and they soak in every single word we say and remember every single detail no matter how insignificant I think it may be.  No pressure, right?

So, Mama's workin' on keepin' it clean.  Did I cuss in this post?  Fetch.  Well, from this point on - I'll do better.  Not perfect.  Better.  Scout's Honor.

Cause you know, Talk Boys don't lie and Santa Claus IS coming to town.


Jolly old Elf.
:)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I want to know how you got that perfect beard on Acey! He looks like an old man!

The Belnaps said...

shut up..i am an e-bay virg too...and love the littles and their chatter..it's the golly darn best!