Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Weekend...


So the weekend, you ask?


Dude, we had a K.O. around here.
A Christmas K.O.
It was a weekend made of the good stuff.
(Which in turn makes it a weekend full of tired babies and snooty noses, as you know. Whaddya do.)


Friday night we chose to draw close to all things that were good.  After the tragedy in Connecticut we chose to let our faces find the light and to focus on our blessings in the form of perfect baby boys that make us a family.  The sadness is too tangible and the incident is completely unspeakable and our hearts ache for all the families involved.  We pray for them that they might find the tiniest bit of respite from their suffering... In due time.  

We are grateful for our knowledge of Eternal families.  And hope that the holidays and the spirit of Christ might bring some fraction of joy in the midst of an emotional storm.


So... We saw the big guy... SANTA at the new outlet stores in our neck of the woods.  In all reality it was our THIRD visit with the big man, because we like to check in frequently and scout out which Santa's location is giving the best goods, you know?  Thus far, our local grocer Kohlers is in the lead by a mile... a whole bag of goodies, chocolate milk and warm cookies?  Are you kidding me?
I think eventually we'll post a picture of the kiddos with Santa, but I'm too darn cheap to pay the twenty buck price tag for my one lowly 5x7 and it seems this year Santa's helpers have doubled as I-Phone police and thus far I've wussed out, so no pics.  Where did my spine go?  I don't know.  I was just wondering that very thing.  



Then Saturday we woke up to more snow!  We shoveled in full garb and threw snowballs up at Acey who was watching out the playroom window and then we headed to meet cousins at the bounce house while Daddy-o went bird hunting.  The littles bounced their little selves silly and Ace seriously thinks he is at least four and was scaling ladders and sliding down mountainous slides and giving me small coronaries all morning long... hence, no pictures.  Travesty.


And then the cherry on the top.
Have you ever seen City Creek lit up for Christmas?  
What about temple square... been lately?

This is the Salt Lake Temple - where families are made forever.
I am so so grateful for the work done within this beautiful house of the Lord.

Seriously, it had been a few years for us and let me tell you... either I was seeing it through my kiddos eyes or it was flat out magical.  Plus, light little snowflakes were tumbling down from the night sky and getting caught in my beautiful babies' lashes which will make any mama swoon... Total Fact.



Ry's parents sponsored the entire evening.  And it was downright perfect to have a chunk of his family  there with us to toodle babies and enjoy the sights & sounds.




Oh Christmas.  You're sort of addicting.


And bright.
And calm. 
But only in small spurts like .27 parts of a second, like this one.


-xo to everyone-
Extra xoxoxo to Connecticut

4 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

So fun- I love the picture of the temple you took, it's perfect!

Chrystie said...

Looks perfect! We need to hurry up and get down there, I can't believe Christmas is here in a week! Beautiful pictures, cute fam!

The Belnaps said...

love all ya all...every year i say we are gonna make it to Temple square to look at the lights and we are failing miserably...sighhhh..but on the other hand, i think i need to come check out that mall...

The Belnaps said...

and ps..don't even talk to me about the mess in Connecticut as I will immediately turn into the horribly ugly cry..like for real ugly...can't seem to get myself together...