Friday, December 14, 2012

RIP Wreath...


So, turns out Starlight mints are not meant to be the makings of outdoor wreaths here in the Rockies.  


Let's have a moment of silence shall we?  
For the once totally original (except for everyone else that made one) piece of home made art that hung from our door.  It is dripping red peppermint goo onto the step below, and let's face it - it's gotta go.  
RIP wreath... RIP.


For the woman (that's me) that painstakingly unwrapped and hot glued every single freakin' mint to that round wreath form - you rock.  You maybe should have thought that one through a bit more (I mean, oddly you do use the saying, "I'm not made of sugar" an awful lot - so you'd think that would have crossed your mind), but, alas, 'A' for effort sista.


And to Hobby Lobby - may you have a generic but not cheesy replacement wreath on sale since Christmas is only eleven days away.
Amen.

3 comments:

The Belnaps said...

What a loss to the world of crafting..may it rest in peace. But don't let it ruin you..craft on sister..craft on!

Chrystie said...

Oh bummer, I really liked that wreath! I wondered what you had done to the candies to make them weather-proof ;-) Hope you find a new one!

PNRBAC said...

Darn! That wreath was way cute! I remember looking at it a few posts ago and thinking, "I wonder how she weather proofed that thing? And I wonder how she glued it together in the first place without becoming a sticky mess? And I wonder if her front door is gonna smell like peppermint?" I guess I should have asked those out loud earlier...so I'll ask this one instead - have your boys tried licking up your doorstep? Cause that's something my kids would do. Watch out...