Thursday, January 27, 2011

What a Rip...


My Sis-n-Law and I were talking the other day and she mentioned she was vacuuming out her couch. She had removed the cushions and her little household task had produced two serendipitous side effects...

1) Her kids played for hours with the cushions &
2) She found almost 2 Bucks in change there in no-man's land. Well earned coke money if you ask me.


Today I was vacuuming and I decided it was high time I did the deed that Q (aforementioned Sis-n-Law who I am calling "Q" to protect her innocence) suggested. And here is what I got...

1) Zero interest in the cushions from the kiddos &
2) Four old Hot Tamales & a Pencil

Seriously?
RIP.OFF.

Is it sad that I was disappointed in my sorry findings? Damn right it's sad. I sort of expected at least a small little "mom tip" in the form of lost couch cushion change. How is no change in the couch even possible? Will someone please come over with full pockets and plant a little deposit for my sake? Sheesh!


On the bright side - my vacuum is vintage. And we all know that vintage is totally the rage right now. That's right, I scoff at shiny new Dyson's. Who would ever want such a "trendy" machine?
For the record, I totally want a Dyson. Or a roomba which vacuums without a vacuumer...
Like the Jetson's.
And my birthday is in March. And if a particular "someone" doesn't read the fine print here this just might happen to him... Just Sayin'. :)


Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

Mel said...

ROFL!! I'm dying right now at this post!
I'll be sure to bring my pockets full of pennies if it warms up enough for me to come visit!! ;-)

Lindsay said...

I usually just get cheerios and pieces of legos in my couch. Total bummer. :)

Adam and Melisa said...

We had a crumbs and candy wrapper couch over here!....dang! You should totally plant a $100 bill in your couch...forget about it...then next time you move the cushions...wowzers!.. BIG 'Ol Tip!