Thursday, January 6, 2011

Going, Going, Gone...

I have decided that errand days totally count as a workout.

My little troopers were beyond patient today as we ran from one place to the next doing little "honey dos" and other "stuff". I mean, seriously, three yogurt juices later for Big K and tens of handfuls of peach puffs for Little D and we STILL weren't done. Sigh... This is why I yearn to live in a small town where everything is five minutes away.


We even went to one store where - GASP - they had no shopping carts and I had no double stroller. And thus, I had myself a conundrum. We worked it out thanks to Kaelsters squeaky shoes. Yep. I let him run like crazy through that little shop because...
A) Nothing was breakable
B) It is a pretty small establishment and I could hear him trodding along and
C) That's what you get when you don't offer carts for your patrons.


Anyway, the babes and I are exhausted. I laid Dax down at 8 sharp and he literally removed his binkie and beamed at me as if to say, "Lord have mercy woman, I thought you'd never let me rest." I just checked on him and the little lamb hasn't moved an inch.

So, there you have it. We're gettin' it all done around here in that "Gung Ho" new year fashion. I think tomorrow we'll enjoy our juice and snacks in the playroom and we'll boycott the truck.


Nighty Night, Ya'll...

3 comments:

The Belnaps said...

Can you please come down and teach my babes to sleep through the night..I am seriously at wits end..Mags will scream for like 4 hours..no joke. And i do love the small town for the errand quickies!

Jen McGill said...

You are my hero for venturing out with two babes! I have a hard time doing it with just one! The snacks are key. I'd love some of your snack ideas since Eva is so over whatever I offer after about a week.

Mel said...

Don't mean to laugh, but I've been there---only with three in tow. What in the world kind of store are you going to that has no shopping carts?? You crazy woman?
I LOVE that their jammies are always matching too! Sooooo cute!