Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Little Letters...


Well, 'Tis JANUARY 1st, 2011 and I guess if you're reading this, our inaugural post here at Oh G Whiz, you made it! And if you randomly found us here - wow, you're in for a great disappointment! :) Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR to ya'll!



And what better way to start the New Year than with a new batch of "Little Letters"...

Dear Dishwasher - I guess because you don't have the word Bosch etched on you, you just think you can do a half a$$ed job of washing the dishes. I shouldn't have to do your job for you. Haven't you ever heard the saying, "Any job worth doing is worth doing well"? Well, you're not doing a good job. 'Nough said.

Dear Diaper Genie - Kaelster is your biggest fan. He has no greater joy in life than to empty your poop sacks with daddy-o. And let's face it, he gets to do his little happy dance prior to lugging poop sacks around the house several times a week since we're a regular poop factory around here. (Did I just use the word poop too many times?)


Dear Store Bought Alfredo Sauce - You taste so bad. If I knew how to make you from scratch I would, but it seems super hard. So, I'll stick to marinara sauce which is actually probably good since it tends to stick less to one's physique.

Dear Grapefruit - I love you. And grapefruit spoons? Don't even get me started on your level of genius. You make mornings at the breakfast table the place I want to be. For real.


Dear Nate Berkus - Didn't you get my email? I asked you to swing by and do some decorating and I haven't heard back? Guess you're just busy interviewing my family and friends prior to surprising me. I'll be practicing my best on-camera shock and awe face for your forthcoming arrival.

Dear Girlies of Richie - (And if you don't understand that code talk you're probably not from my home town). Do you know what boys from all over the state remember after a visit to Richfield? That "Rich Girls" like to go a flashin'. This is the second time someone has told me of their encounter with "girls gone wild" while on a visit to "The Promised Land" and I just have to grin while RyGar explains that yes, it was probably his wife that showed the goods. Keep it up gals - I love it!


Dear Spic n' Span - You are the only antibacterial household cleaner that I know of that costs a whopping 97 cents per bottle. Therefore, it goes without saying that you are my FAVORITE of all antibacterial household cleaners. Keep up the good work!

Dear PWC... aka, my Hubby's Other Woman in the form of a job - You are about to suck up WAY more time than you should legally be allotted. We are gearing down for a long and cold January that might be a little more gray since our RyGar will be traveling to solve the world's financial woes because of you. Yes, you pay the bills, a fact that we are grateful for. But seriously - why you gotta be such a hata and steal so much of our Daddy-o's time in the dreadful "busy season". Stop being so needy.

Dear Babies - It is a NEW YEAR... I can't wait to spend it with you to see what other tricks you learn and how else you firmly wrap me around your little fingers! Soon you'll be TWO and ONE and I will cry... Tears of joy, of course, mixed with a little - "Oh No, slow down - You're getting so big so fast!" I love to love you more than you know and I always will. You are my greatest joy.

Cheers to 2011...

4 comments:

The Belnaps said...

First of all, my in-laws have a bosch dishwasher and it seriously sucks...does not dry the dishes at all...oh they come out clean and all..but they are sopping wet. Second of all, Nate is coming to my house first..I am in dyre need of a house refresher...and thirdly, I am ready for our vaca..anytime in Feb..

lisa louise said...

bahahahaha, have i told you that i love you. you seriously crack me up!!! i thought that i would go into withdrawals when you were MIA for 5 whole days from the blogging world. i love the little letters, i wish i was so clever. but i will have to live vicariously through you. :) and i keep trying to hate PWC because I AM going through withdrawals from my food twin, but its hard to do when pwc makes it so mommy gets to stay home with such fetching cute little men!!

Kanabites said...

So I seriously have the EASIEST Alfredo recipe and it works EVERY TIME. Do you want the recipe? It is fattening, but oh so good. Just limit yourself to making it when you have someone else to eat it with you. It's Cora's favorite dinner, she calls it noodles with white frosting. So here is the recipe: (even if you don't want it, you're gettin' it)

15-minute creamy Fettuccini Alfredo

1 8oz cream cheese, cubed
3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup butter or margarine (it's better with butter, everything always is)
1/2 cup milk
8 oz fettuccini, cooked, drained

in large saucepan, stir together cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter and milk over LOW heat until smooth. Add fettuccini; toss lightly.

I don't mix in the fettuccini with the sauce cause I have some that like and some that don't in my house and also it's easier for left overs...

So how do you like them cookies? A recipe on a blog comment pretty fancy!

I love your little letters by the way!

Mel said...

Love your little poem at the end! I have a great Alfredo sauce recipe I'll go dig up and email to you! Don't be scared tho when you see how much butter is in it! :-)