Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mr. & Mrs. Wonderful...


Ever met them? They live at our house.
But they aren't RyGar and Yours Truly... Even though we have our moments...
And the resemblance is uncanny. :)


I was cleaning up dinner the other night. Ryno was playing a softball game that was too late for the munchkins and I to attend. The babies were up in the playroom doing their thing. And I hear a woman's voice, clear as day, saying things like,

"Don't worry about taking the garbage out, honey. I could use the exercise."
&
"You don't need a glass. Just go ahead and drink right out of the carton."
&
"It doesn't matter if you leave the toilet seat up; it makes it easier to clean!"

Obviously I sprinted up the stairs to see what kind of crazed woman had broken into my house and was talking to my kids like a maniac. And here is what I found...
Mrs. Wonderful, cupped in Kaelster's chubby little hand, while Big K and Dax Man stared at her in awe - listening to her every word.


Let me back up about five years when I had another career in sales. At one of our National Sales Meetings, Mr. & Mrs. Wonderful came into my life as a little tongue-in-cheek reminder of one of our products. It was a great little chotchkie... (The Urban Dictionary's definition of chotchkie... "A small piece of worthless crap, a decorative knick knack with little or no purpose.") Spot on. Gotta love yourself an urban dictionary.

But the real mystery is how Mrs. Wonderful became separated from her betrothed and how she ended up in the playroom? This is one of those burning questions that I may never get the answer to. Like, how do we have sixteen baby toothbrushes but we can never find more than one at bedtime? You know... those types of questions.

But now, just for all you ladies out there, here are a few of my favorite lines from
Mr. Wonderful... what a "doll" he turned out to be. Ha Ha.


"Here honey, you take the remote. It doesn't matter what we watch as long as I'm with you."
&
"You know honey, why don't you just relax and let me make dinner tonight."
&
"Let's go to the mall. You deserve a little something special."

The man of every woman's dreams, right? Handsome, attentive, debonair, plus he always says precisely the right thing. Just press his hand for 16 different "touchy feely" phrases.
And don't rob my house to get your paws on mine! :)

2 comments:

Laurel said...

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me!!!
Love it! I am now going to search Google to see if I can still buy my own. Well, maybe not Mrs. Wonderful because I AM already her. But Mr. Wonderful might be a great gift for someone I live with.

:)

Mel said...

Hilarious! You might need get a few more for birthday presents! I could listen to Mr. Wonderful all day!