Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June Bugs...


These babies are summer babies.


They love water, sun, sand boxes, melon, flowers, splashes, music and everything else that comes with this time of year... JUNE. You are my favorite month so far. You are WARM and sunny and lovely. I heart you June. And I heart my happy little June Bugs too... every last part of 'em. :)





And while RyGar is out fishing the great waters of Alaska we've been enjoying the great waters of my home town. I wish I could tell you in words how happy I feel when I visit my home, but words aren't enough. Pictures... Now they might just do the trick.




My parents yard is a mecca for little june bugs. They enjoyed everything about it full-throttle, summer style. And me... I had no place to be, no schedule to adhere to, and no dinner to make. Ahhhhh... I read a book people. Seriously, I watched little naked cheeks and read a book and gabbed with my girlfriend and smiled.






The chicks at IFA welcomed us back. The treasures that had wheels and were in working order at the local thrift store became ours for a buck or two. The ice cream at the dairy was served and appropriately schmeared in seconds. And the whole town beamed at my little blonde boys in the double stroller with their mama.





And they beamed back. Oh yeah - they are hella good at pleasing the crowd.
And now it is time to spend a few hours of summer putting in some elbow grease. There are windows to wash and a new big boy bed to purchase and assemble and a bathroom or two that need a good scrub. And we can handle it all, because once again, we've been refueled. We have deep reserves of energy to pull from thanks to another sweet get-away.


And thanks, to June. :)

5 comments:

Mel said...

I don't know....I think I'd want to stay with "mama" and enjoy that life a little longer! :)
Teaching them early eh....on the skinny dipping! ;)

The Belnaps said...

So much fun to watch those cute boys of yours...crack and all. Next time we need more time..45 minutes went by in 2 seconds...I heart June too.

The Sutherland Family said...

You went home AND to the dairy without me?! Rude! JK..Looks fun and I love Mom's flower pots!

Luana said...

The hineys are adorable, but the flowers are gorgeous!

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Ah....home. Just the word makes me warm. Love those blondies and the cracks...to cute.