Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Fishing Tale...


RyGar spent this past week fishing in Alaska. Want some proof? Well, peruse these pictures of my good lookin' angler and his company and then come see my freezer that is full of the tasty stuff. I am downloading halibut and salmon recipes from Google even as these pictures upload.
But if you have a good one - pretty please send it my way!





The boys and I are wicked jealous of his flight in a pontoon plane, his time on the ocean, his sightings of bear and moose and his time lounging on the coast around a camp fire.
And I know all you ladies out there are totally jeal of my ruggedly handsome outdoorsman. Can't say I blame you, but he's taken. :)




Ry claims to have been on a "scouting trip". You know, so he could check out various guides and day treks for when "he and his boys and his maid" go back to the last frontier together.
P.S. I am the maid in this tale. Funny guy, that Ryan, eh?


Thanks for bringin' home the bacon, RyGar... and for taking this exquisite shot.
A fisherman AND a photographer... who knew?

4 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

Looks like a fun trip for Ryno! Now I think we need a girls trip to Hawaii =)

Adam and Melisa said...

Bet you never knew you were the "maid"...did ya? And...we have THE BEST Halibut marinade recipe...I'll see if I can dig it out and send it to ya!

Mel said...

I love that we have trained our men to take pictures of their outings! Smart men they are! ;)
Sorry no recipes for you...think all those fish are a little "fishy" for my taste buds! ;)

Luana said...

Evan has been to Alaska several times for business, aka, fishing. We have had many salmon and halibut meals at our house. He goes again in August and I am hoping for more delish fillets as I used my very last one about 2 weeks ago. I do have a Mexican salmon recipe that uses a lot of cilantro that is pretty tasty and very different. I had someone over for dinner once who didn't like salmon very much but told me it was the best salmon he had ever had and he even had a second piece. Do you want the recipe? Send me an email at luanadenise@hotmail.com if you do.