Sunday, June 12, 2011

Family Man...


My babies love their Daddy-o.

There is something about his scruffy face and booming voice that draws them in. It is nothing short of magical to watch and instead of making me green with envy, it makes my heart spill over with gratitude to have such an amazing partner in this world.

Like this past holiday weekend, when RyGar got the first big "Lub You" from Kaelster, I could barely see out of my eyes that were brimming over with tears of joy. Because he really meant it. Big fat, be-dimpled fingers cupped Daddy's cheeks and belly to belly they laughed and hugged.

Swiper continues his little "fast hands routine" by stealing hats now.
He gets so stoked and chants in victory... "Hat, Hat!"

Or the fact that Dax Man clung to Daddy's legs like a monkey as Ry manned the BBQ - his eyes watering from "smoke" but really from the small fist-fulls of plucking being done by our tiny "man-scaper" as he worked to claw his way up and into Ryno's arms.

There are Superman style leaps that the boys take as they launch themselves in the air in complete faith and overwhelming love to the arms they know will catch them every time. And lots of grins and mimics as our babies play monkey see - monkey do with the Big Man.


Kaelster and Daddy-o had to rescue Dax-Man's binkie on our recent hike. I wish I had a picture of Dax who was clapping on my back when he saw RyGar hold up his long lost treasure.

There are a million examples of the pure affection my babies have for their Dad. And it is an embarrassment of riches for me. I knew from the moment he took his first glimpses at our little men that my Ryan was smitten and that something in his world shifted and he became my family man. We are what his world revolves around, which is something that I will forever count as one of my greatest blessings.


In summary, we miss you, Ryno. We're glad you're off enjoying something else that you love and breathing fresh mountain air in the solitude of big country and recharging your batteries. Just know that your little pieces of solid ground in the form of your blonde-haired, blue-eyed fan club are here - waiting - for their main man to return.
Me included... :)

1 comment:

The Belnaps said...

You totally gotta love the daddies and their kids..my girls want to marry theirs:)