Friday, June 17, 2011

Chaos...

Last night we had blustering winds and chaos out in the yard. The precursor to yet another "cold front" or two working its way to us here in the desert. The adirondack chairs would have belonged to someone downwind if it weren't for the fence and the sandbox toys are being collected in shrubs and flowers even still.


It was kind of like a scene from "Winnie the Pooh's Blustery Day"... and if Owl were here to tell me, "This is just a mild spring zephyr compared to the big wind of '67", I might have decked him. But then again, probably not, because he taught me a stellar word like zephyr at a very young age... so I can't really be a hata.

And the weather carried right on into our house somehow. The boys were a complete whirlwind of destruction. Every bin in the toy room was out with its contents spilled from hell to breakfast (Yay me! I have been wanting to work that one in for some time now... sweet moment of victory) and I could barely tiptoe my way through the land mines to find my two little trouble makers.


They tried out a new event during dinner... the discus... only instead of a weighted disc, they chucked green beans and grapes as far as possible and then topped it all off with squirting Gogurts. I was thrilled as you can imagine.


And then I felt our new little fish swim around in his bowl, which doubles as my belly, and I knew he was in on the action too. And I felt --- calm.

Yep, a serene little moment thanks to our forthcoming new little love in the midst of a whole lotta chaos on what was really a Thursday but for the sake of sticking with the "Pooh" theme, was a blustery "Windsday".

I can't explain it. I don't know why it hit me that way or at that time. I am just glad it did. My boys were like horses running wildly in green pastures on a gusty day... the wind in their hair... feeling free and exhilarated. And I suppose every person should feel like that now and again and I'm happy for the moment of introspection... but,

I'm still glad we're past our little blustery moments of Windsday...
Bring on the weekend. :)

2 comments:

Mel said...

You're making my head spin with the sticky mess I'm envisioning all over your kitchen!
What is with UT weather lately? Wierd

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Love the discus! I see olympics in their futures. Bring home the gold!