Friday, September 2, 2011

Did you Feel It?


This morning?

That unmistakeable CRISP and COOL air that didn't heat up until well past the 10 o'clock hour?
(Well, I guess if you live in Fiji or Bora Bora you didn't -
but if you live there it's just hella cool that you're here at our blog.)

Seriously, I breathed it in.

I do believe they call it fall.

And I'm all about it. And in fact, now that we've packed for a little jaunt down the road this Labor Day weekend, (a task that I thought might be insurmountable with my two little helpers) I'm blogging, and dining on one of fall's finest... Tomato Soup and a Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Ooh La La.


This meal always makes me think of college and it always makes me laugh. True story... When I was in college a friend of my room mate saw me eating tomato soup once and rudely proclaimed, "That's what poor people eat."

First - if this is the fare of poor people, count me in. Count me the Queen of the Poor. Because this stuff is GOOO-OOOD.

Second - are you not the definition of poor whilst in college? Just sayin'.


And third... are you wondering about Kael's clothes in the series of "packing pictures" I took? No, he's not bringing back the fanny pack, (though from behind it totally looks like it) he is sporting a belt which he found in his brother's closet, and of course, the winter slippers that were neatly put away in his closet. Needless to say, these were treasures that had to be worn immediately. I think I'll remove the belt while he sleeps cause otherwise, brother will be sporting this get up on our mini-vaca.


And last, but not least, I have never ever in my entire life met a kid more intense about playing ball as our little Dax Man has become.




He literally works himself into a lather chasing around an endless number of balls in the house. See those red cheeks? See that little sheen of sweat on his forehead? Little man doesn't stop unless you physically remove him from the situation. It is an addiction that I'm sure he dreams about and hopefully will end up in a multi-million dollar professional ball contract of sorts.


And that, in a round-about way, brings us full circle to tomato soup being for poor people. And that's about all the creativity I've got in me on a Friday afternoon.
:)
Enjoy Your LONG weekending!

5 comments:

Mel said...

Tomato soup(with some fishies on top) is by far one of my faves!!
My "poor" college meals consisted of Cream of Wheat or black beans & rice...$1 a bag and it fed me for too meals! :)
Enjoy your weekend!

Mel said...

Obviously you can tell by my spelling of TWO meals...English was not my major! hahahahahahaha!

Andrea said...

Just seeing that picture of tomato soup makes me crave Zupas' tomato soup. Oh - YUM!!! Go enjoy a bowl for me!

The Belnaps said...

I love me a bowl of tomato soup and grilled cheese..super yum..have a good trip..it will probably be your last...for a bit anyways

jasmin said...

Cute post and your little ones remind me of mine.They are so sweet at this age, aren't they.Good luck with your new baby that is almost here.You and I will be in the same boat with "Three Under Three".It's a pretty big adjustment but now that we have a routine, it's getting easier.