Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Guise...


RyGar has become masterful at a new art form. He doesn't put a brush to canvas or sculpt clay between his hands... oh no, he has perfected the art of doing things "under the guise" of doing it for his boys.


I've mentioned the fact that the babies each have their own pair of snow skis that they'll be breaking in this winter and that they will be taking their Father and Sons trips to Alaska for fishing expeditions before they reach the ripe old age of five ... and now here's the latest... Ry is looking into purchasing a motorbike so he can refine his skills before it is time to "teach the boys the ins and outs of riding".
(You heard it right, Arron, RyGar will be biking with you soon.)

The truth is... I kind of love it. I know that we still report their ages in months (thus they are still babies and won't be riding in any BMX expos anytime soon) but I think it is adorable that my big boy pretends to do all his favorite things for and in behalf of his little boys.

And while we're being honest... I do it too. I feign to begrudgingly make homemade ice cream or walk to the park or go for a bike ride... all the while smiling from ear-to-ear that I get to fill my days with simple tom-boy pleasures.

Like Breakfast Picnics in the Living Room...

So, as long as we can get away with it and our little men continue to burst into giggles because of this or that which we do "for them" we'll keep it up. Because our house has a little Never Never Land effect going on right now and Ry and I concur with Peter Pan who said, "I am just not young enough to know everything."

Teach us little Guys...
:)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh man. Arron is going to freak out!!! And he already asks when gabe is old enough for a dirt bike with training wheels. Hahaha. Love it!

Mel said...

Ha! Boys are so funny!
It's like when we first moved into this house and instead of putting in a backyard Ry put in a motorcycle track that I think every grown "little" boy enjoyed for months and months with their little 50's. Hilarious to see big boys riding a motorcycle meant for a 5 yr old!
Whatever keeps them happy, right!