Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Growing, Growing...


My babies are getting bigger by the mili-second. Seriously, I don't know how it happens so fast, but it does and I am sounding more and more like my Grandma every day with my amazing epitomes on the passing of time. :) Soon I'll be eighty with grand babies and I'll be saying sappy things like, "Oh they grow so fast"... cause it is true and you can't wrap your brain around it - Period.

A few things about each of my little men that are worthy of reporting...


Ace - Mostly I could study his little features and run my fingers over that silky hair that hugs that perfect head all day long. I wish I could inhale his scent and pull it out whenever I want to smell that Heavenly, really new life scent. I am starting to speak fluent newborn and I swear to you, today Ace spoke back. He told me that yes, he is getting more stinkin' adorable every day and he loves it here. It made me smile. Already his little face is filling out and his body is less and less of a "little lump of banana meat" as my mom says. He is a champion eater and sleeper and last night, at the ripe old age of five days, Ace man got the schedule down pat. He eats every four hours and sleeps in between and his mama LOVES him for it! Well, that and the little newborn sounds and the sweet little lip puckers he makes.



Dax Man is realizing that this baby is here to stay and he's pretty sweet about it but still a little unsure. He has resorted to hangin' with his BFF at the park, in the yard, in the playroom, in a pile of dirt... you name it... he and Kael are one another's little shadows and sometimes I forget that he is nine months younger than his big bro because he works so hard to keep up and mostly just does on his shorter version of the chubby toddler legs. He is totally into Barney and he says, "Narney" when the big dino comes on TV. He also loves to "Baa-cume" (vacuum) with me and is the best little singer of the clean up song; especially after he gleefully tosses balls down the stairs from the playroom. He will seriously say "HI" and/or kiss anyone as was proven at the hospital with about nine different nurses... little Romeo.





Kaelster is a ball of fire as usual. His recent favorites are "Water nenon" which is how we say "Watermelon" and "O-KAY." which he says about a hundred times a day for any reason at all. He is really into selecting his shoes and wears boots and "Skeeky" shoes most of the time. He asks to put "on shoes" on average fifteen times daily and can be assuaged any time out of a slump with a "Ker" which is a sucker or "Boo Joos" which is one part blue gatorade to five parts water. Just yesterday he decided to get bossy with his hound dog and show him who is the biggest little man of the brood and now he yells ANY time he hears the poor pooch, "Pooper, Quiet!" And to top it off, he can fill in the blanks when you sing the ABC song - it is adorable.



Me - I'm hangin' in and here's some noteworthy info... I finally dug my phone out of my hospital bag and am charging even as I type... I have big plans to sort of join the real world again. :)

I can't promise a spotless house or even a fresh showered and primped self - but I can tell you that these little miracle babes of ours are doing their thang one day at a time and the mister and I are just holding on to one another for the ride. It is gleeful and rewarding and makes my eyes tear with joy and it is also a sweaty, sticky, disaster that makes me sink deep into the sheets every night to blissful slumber.

And that - is our growing progress report, in a nutshell.

6 comments:

The Belnaps said...

I'm so glad you are at least surviving and it sounds like Ace is a dream..yesterday I was dialated to a 3 so here's to joining the newborn world soon!

Mel said...

Glad the big bros are getting used to the new little man in the family!
I believe that everything about newborns is like a little glimpse of heaven! They are perfect and you can never be mad or unhappy when you have a sweet little newborn in your arms. All you can do is smile!

Luana said...

Congrats to you and Ryan on the new adorable addition. Love the name, and love the face!

gardnerfamily said...

Congrats! Your family is so beautiful and I love all your posts!

lisa louise said...

oh man i need a new baby in my house pronto. until then i need to get to the zoo (and by zoo i mean the california one)

PNRBAC said...

Don't worry about joining the real world any time soon - you aren't missing a thing! Just stay there in your little corner of heaven as long as you can!! The world will creep back in eventually.