Sunday, September 18, 2011

Water In It...


They say when it rains it pours.
And "they" are so right.

Here we thought our main concern was me keeping my knees together and avoiding sneezing so this baby didn't make his grand appearance while Daddy-o was traveling afar.

Well, RyGar is home... still no baby. I am just waiting and waiting for my water to break.

And in a way it did... This morning.

In the master bathroom.
But it was the toilet that spouted water - not me.


And Big K heard it first and went running to the bathroom where he loudly proclaimed,
"OOOH, WATER IN IT!"
And water there was, so much so that it leaked out of the fixtures in the basement ceiling.

And now we have fans running to dry out the carpet and a restoration crew checking to see if the "dry wall" is still dry and me washing every towel in the house that served as a sponges this lovely morn.

It's fantastic.

The fans will be here for at least three days.
Baby Love will arrive sometime in the next two days.
Dax and Kael have been relocated to the pack n' play in the toy room and "Grandpa's Big Bed" in the guest room.

Ah...
And here I thought with all my psychotic nesting we were good to go.
Totally Ready.
That's what I get for having it all "under control", eh.
That Murphy - she'll sock it to ya. Sassy Gal.

6 comments:

The Belnaps said...

That sounds about right when it comes to dealing with life I'd say...so sorry and I'll pray for a quick fan dry for you..good luck in the next couple of days

Amy B. said...

Ooooohhh...that sucks! Sorry! If I lived closer I would bring you treats to brighten your day...I wish you luck in the next few days and keep us all posted!!!

The Sutherland Family said...

Oh man talk about bad timing! So sorry for ya..hope everything dries quickly.

5-against-1 said...

Sorry about the wrong water breaking!! Hopefully, tomorrow morning will be you!! I keep checking for the handsome little guy who is joining the crew. I will stay tuned!

Chrystie said...

Bum-mer! I have done the whole water-coming-out-of-the-light-fixtures thing and it is nooo fun. Hope everything turns out okay before the new kid shows up.

Liz said...

I hate water where it should not be! I know all to well about flooding and issues.. Good luck in the next few days/weeks until baby arrives
LIz