Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Chaos...


Well, we made it... home that is.


I spent two lovely nights at this fantastic resort they call "the hospital" and I had wet nurses and nannies and room service at my beck and call. And now I'm home... with little "Acers" and the big dudes (who have never looked bigger) and I have a few observations to report...


1. Families are angels. Seriously, without Ry's sweet Mama, my Mama, the babies Grandpas', Aunts, Uncles, Neighbors, Friends and one amazingly devoted hubster... I might be losing it right now.


2. No matter how big or small they come... a newborn is the tiniest most miraculous thing anyone can snuggle. They smell divine regardless of what they have going on in their nether regions and their little cheeks are as soft as rose petals. The fact that they make it out to this big old world and have all their perfectly perfect little parts is something that will never cease to amaze me.



3. When there is a little drama in the delivery room - you lose your mind. Seriously. Thank Heavens for good nurses and doctors to calm frazzled nerves and make it all better. I'll have to share that story at some point.


3. The sorest part on my body is the massive tumor looking bump on my left deltoid where I got my whooping cough booster shot. Go figure.





4. Tiny Siblings are adorable. They vacillate between loving and admiring their "BA-BEE" and ignoring the fact that there is a babe in arms. Dax Man has become a little cling-on when the baby isn't around and he can snuggle in for marathon hugs and kisses and Kaelster turned 5 over night... crawling into bed and proclaiming "Night, Love You" without even being told it was bed time. And mostly, these two big brothers are happy to have one another to trot off to the toy room to play with trains when that new little dude is making loud noises.





5. Sleep... I love you and miss you already. At least one of us is getting you in massive doses!


Until next time ya'll and XOXO for all the love and congrats. Smooches all around!

11 comments:

Amy B. said...

Oh how I love those first few days!!! Enjoy it to the fullest! I am in awe of your beautiful fam!

The Belnaps said...

Oh my heck I am totally emotional and preggers cuz I'm bawling over the "big bros" t-shirts...Ace is so adorable and your family is gorgamous! Enjoy!

Chrystie said...

What an amazingly adorable bunch of boys you have got there. It is going to be a crazy ride, but try to enjoy it! I am glad you have a lot of help, but please let me know if you need any more!

Mel said...

Isn't the "resort" @ the hospital just grand! I'm always itching to get out and then I get home and I wish I were back! :)
I'm up for babysitting anytime! Just holler and I'm on my way!

The Sutherland Family said...

You look great! Love the pics and so glad I got to hold him in the hospital...he's a keeper!

Kurt and Tara Heath said...

Ace is so cute!! You have three of the cutest boys around! I agree with the whole whooping cough shot...my arm was unusable for days after I had Jenna...you would have thought the nurse ran and plunged it into my arm!! Anywho...love the pics...you look amazing for just giving birth! So not fair!

Liz said...

Congratulations! I am glad I had a good nurse and didn't hurt after that shot! He is adorable... and such a keeper I agree.
I love all your pictures and you do look adorable!
Liz

Jen McGill said...

Your family looks so lovely! I've been rethinking the movie title and I like "Three Men and a Lady." It has a nice ring to it, no?

Kanabites said...

Congrats! He is such a sweet little guy! I am glad that I thought to check in on your blog!

PNRBAC said...

Okay so I love this post for a million reasons but reason number 1is that picture of you and your three babies in that hospital bed. Is there a memory more precious in your heart? I'm sure it ranks at least top 5. Congrats Mama!

Emily Bogh said...

Congrats on that darling bundle of love. He is darling. What lucky boys you have!