Sunday, August 28, 2011

Three Weeks...


Here I am with three weeks to go in this pregnancy and I look like a puff-a-lump. And the thing is - I can't really bring myself to complain too loudly because twice now, my body has done the most miraculous and amazing of all things - grow life.


And there was definitely a span of time that I thought this miracle would never take place for me and now we're about to greet our third baby boy in mere days. And this one, well, let's just say he has already learned from the best... he is ACTIVE. I'm at the point where I can see a foot pop out on my side between my ribs and my hip bone or I'll get a nice left hook across the equator of my tummy. Seriously, if it weren't so miraculous, it would be a little bit "Rosemary's Baby".

The boys and the Big Man and I have been busy making sure everything around here is all ready for our new little man. While I stocked the nursery with the tiniest version of clothes, and Ry lifted the crib mattress, our baby-loves made merry in the nursery next door.


Seriously - check out the air that Kaelster can catch. Now you know why he has been moved to a bed. It was only a matter of time before the little jumping bean hurdled the railings.


And Dax-Man just watches and guffaws, sneakily taking notes on "how to jump the crib railing". It's only a matter of time.
When I walked in to take a picture of our two little giggling hyenas, this is what I got.
"What? We weren't doing anything...."
Uh Huh.


We've also grown fond of the only three male accessories known to human kind (at least those that are legal in this household). Hats, Shoes and Sunglasses. Here we are at the breakfast table fully decked out in our hats, shoes and PJs/Diaper. For some reason it is most important to throw on your hat when you're practically naked. In fact, it is apparently next to impossible to eat the first meal of the day without your full, dapper get up. Strange little bugs.


So, as we wrap up summer, we're recovering from our first stuffy noses of the season and scratching a few more "to-do's" off of our never ending list. And squeezing in some summer must-do's like a ball game - where both boys gave the mascot an exorbitant number of fives and "bones" and sticky little sucker kisses. And then they sat on the edge of their seats clapping and cheering with the crowd at the appropriate times. When did they get so big and how do they already know proper baseball fan etiquette?

And when, pray-tell, did the little duo get exposed to Barney and become enraptured with the big purple dinosaur? Heaven Help Us.


Anyway, ready or not, there will soon be another post on this little blog-o-sphere of ours about a new little man on the block. I can't believe it. How did we all get so dang lucky 'round here?
:)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

yay for prego picture! I was wondering what you were looking like these days and couldn't remember how close you were to another kid... I have a post in mind for you soon :) Been brainstorming the last few days, you'll love it :) If we lived closer together I would take your maternity pics :) you should so do it! once in a lifetime body shape :) (or at least we hope so, right?) super exciting, good post :) thanks

Andrea said...

You look so beautiful pregnant! You are a glowing mommy and I am so happy for you as you enter the world of three boys - hang on tight cuz it's a wild ride!

Mel said...

You are one HOT MAMA!! So cute!
Those faces are way to innocent! If you hadn't captured those other pics I would never believe you! LOL!
I'm going to have to try eating breakfast with only a diaper & hat...maybe I'd enjoy it more! ha :)

Amy B. said...

I love that the Dax-Man is in that first photo...and Yay!!! 3 weeks is not that long...you sure you don't wanna try and get a little girl?

The Belnaps said...

You are looking hot, you sexy mama...3 more weeks..holy cow. I am so excited for both of us actually...problem is, we are so in limbo I haven't done a thing to get ready for this baby...AGHHH!

The Sutherland Family said...

OH Barney..that's what Alli started out with and then it's mickey mouse and then caillou =(
Love the belly pic, you will be done so soon!

lisa louise said...

ok lady. the fact that you can rock white pants while your 9 months prego makes you my hero. i long to wear white pants, but alas, my ass (sorry it rhymed) wont allow such things. :)
cant wait to meet baby #3.

Jen McGill said...

Um, Heidi Klum alert! You are such a beautiful pregnant woman, Amber! Still in disbelief that you are going to have FOUR men in your household in a few short weeks. You are so going to be out numbered! Sending our love, Your Biggest Fans in the Pacific Northwest.