Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Remember When...


... I posted about having the two little men in the same bedroom?

Yeah. That isn't happening.

They live in separate rooms again. And they love it. Thus, we love it.
And we are fortunate to be able to provide each of them with their own personal space.

Turns out Kaelster didn't struggle at all with transitioning to a bed, but he DID struggle with not wanting to flaunt his freedom when his little brother, Daximus, had none. So... We went ahead and sacrificed yet another room and another closet for our growing lawn care crew... worth every minute and deep knee bend.

Plus - Kael is in love with his room full of "CAWS" or as we like to call them, cars.


Crappy Picture - Cute Wall Decor...

The Best DI Find - Ever. Elbows were involved, but I won.

Dax Man now lives in the "Country Star Room" aka the blue nursery, that was once Kael's and it is totally fitting for the little dude with the amazing star-worthy hair and an inclination for rhythm and music.

And not a single binkie has been utilized in the walls of this room - that's right, Dax Man kicked the habit without much of a struggle at all and since then the little trickster has been talking up a storm. It's like he was just waiting for his mouth to be empty to share his wealth of knowledge with us.




He loves his new room too - can't ya tell?

And little belly baby will end up in the "Construction Room" aka the green nursery, which was once the home of newborn Daximus and, pardon our dust, is still "under design construction" by mama. It is the warmest of the three rooms for some reason. It also offers the biggest dresser which is needed thanks to two brothers' worth of hand-me-downs.

And I admit to being a little obsessed with the littlest of details when organizing my babies' rooms; but really, there is something special about the space you create for your kids. Though nothing is fancy or worthy of a page in the Pottery Barn magazine, these are the places where our little men rest their heads at night and that deserves some thought and effort. And the more their little personalities show themselves, the more we can tailor and tweak to make it just right... like Goldilocks. :) Keeping in mind, of course, that all they really want to do is get their "Shoos" on and high tail it "Out-Seed" for a bike ride.




Here is an audible sigh of relief as yet another "to do" item is crossed off my list. Ryan tells me he hates it when I "get like this" and then he followed up with... "The new baby probably won't be living in the storage room so why the burning need to clean it?"

I simply don't know.
But lets focus on the cute rooms and the cleanliness that is abounding.
Sheesh.

9 comments:

Chrystie said...

Go Amber! I say if you are in the mood to organize, you gotta take advantage and go for it. The rooms look amazing, you are VERY talented. Lucky boys.

Mel said...

So jealous of your "nesting" right now! You are more than welcome to come "nest" over at my house!
Hooray for your little men and their own rooms!

Mel said...

That is a BIG FAT Negative!! Shop is closed! ;)

The Belnaps said...

I am so glad it all worked out..see you should never have listened to me in the first place. 5 kids and what do I know? I have yet to tackle the room issue..it is seriously giving me anxiety..it's my project this weekend..unless i decide I can tackle a shopping trip to SG by myself with my girls and I'm not sure I'm up to that..so we'll see..congrats to you though!

Liz said...

Love the rooms. Can't wait to see the new nursery. Looks like you have had a great busy summer. Can't wait to see the new baby!!

liz

The Sutherland Family said...

Their rooms look so cute, good job!

jasmin said...

Your boys rooms are so cute.Our little ones share a room too and they love it. We haven't had any problems since we put them together. How fun that you are going to have three boys under the age of 3 as well.It is so much fun and work and chaos, but it is so worth it to see their sweet little faces everyday. Once you get into a routine it gets easier. the first week for me was crazy! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

Laurel said...

Holy Smack!! Love the D.I. find. Totally worth a flying elbow or two!

The Venutis said...

First the DI?!? Seriously best find ever. Second my hubby built an amazing bunk bed and my boys hated sharing a room and are now separated...whatever works huh?