Monday, August 1, 2011

I Like Him...

I say these words a lot. I utter them breathlessly about my little men. I say it about crazy uncles and sweet old men at church. I pronounce them about Bachelorette and/or Political candidates. And this weekend - I said these words aloud and to myself multiple times about my RyGar.


We had a getaway. Nothing spectacular, but a weekend all to ourselves like "the good old days" and it was sweet. It always has been easy and breezy when it comes to the two of us together, and we jumped right back into it without skipping a beat, like it was just yesterday when we were a couple and not a family... which was the "Start Here" of our magical today.


The babies were in good hands with Grandma & Grandpa Gardner and all the Gardner sisters in turn... getting spoiled by their aunts and playing with their cousins from Cali. The lawn got mowed by Gramps and we were free little birds -
living the good life in the mountains of Park City.


So, cheers to my lova boy. And huge bouquets of Thank Yous to the crew that held down our fort. And a Hallelujah for Couples' Retreats - which should be mandatory for all the Mr.'s and Mrs.'s of the world.


P.S. Ryan... I like you. Like, I like you a lot. :)

4 comments:

The Belnaps said...

Totally jeal..cuz nate and i just got back from a "vacation" in Lake Powell with ALL the kiddos..which equals no vacation for us..and now I am so ready for a real vaca..even for a weekend...ahhhh a girl can dream can't she? Kudos to you two!

Mel said...

I need one of those!!
Love that picture of Ryan with the boys! So cute!

The Sutherland Family said...

Good for you guys, looks like a fun little getaway!

lisa louise said...

hmmm. there is an elbow in the picture of ryan that looks like it belongs to someone very sexy! heehee