Friday, April 15, 2011

Hello Yellow...


I got a little craftastic today. I was soooo (add four-million o's here) tired of futile attempts at hiding some "imperfections" in a pair of darn, hand-me-down side tables that I went ballistic, bought some paint and created a little "house proud" moment... complete with some lamps to set the mood. :)


No kidding - it lifted my spirits to see the finished products in my living room. But there may or may not be a couple of geometric patterns of paint in the grass in the backyard where I did my handiwork. Oops - Ryan is gonna love it.


And that one little action helped me throw caution to the wind to let these little fellers join in my creative binging. Behold, Picasso and Monet at work.




Kaelster preferred to use typical artistic tools, like brushes.
While Dax-Man seemed to enjoy a free-hand style.




Both little men did at times use their other extremities to create their masterpieces.





I am fielding calls now from those that long to be their agents.



And how did I know when their works were complete?
Well, it became rather obvious.





The work of a savant is never done, my friends.



OK - Actually it is.
Right about the same time you get a little hunkerin' for a snack.



And yes, it's tough - hosting such raw talent every day - but I do what any mother would. I fuel their little bodies and let inspiration come to them and flow from their tiny little fingers, toes and other body parts.




And now, off to hang these masterpieces on the walls of the beloved play room.


There. Another, even greater, house proud moment. :)

6 comments:

Chrystie said...

Wow, both of your projects turned out GREAT! I have a few pieces of furniture with a few (dozen) scratches on them...maybe I will have to bust out some spraypaint myself...

The Sutherland Family said...

SO cute! Love that idea!

Kurt and Tara Heath said...

I love stalking your blog...so cute!! I am Ashley's friend so I feel like I have known you for years! Your boys are so cute! And their art work is even better!

Liz said...

LOVE THEM! Both projects! Your boys are so talented! :) You should definitely keep those pictures on the wall, adorable!!

PS. I'm switching my blog to private, so I need your email address.

Liz said...

funny girl... lizhenrie@yahoo.com, but you already have it from when you went private. ;)

Jen McGill said...

You are a brave woman, Amber! So adorable! I love the masterpieces from your little men AND your living room looks amazing. Well done!