Thursday, April 28, 2011

Candlelit...

I had a bubble bath with candles.


And I felt like a gazillionaire. Now I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why I waited this long to use candles during a regular old bath. Because they alone transform a bath into the most luxurious, romantic event ever. I seriously felt like I was on my honeymoon waiting for RyGar to go fetch the rose petals. The shimmering candlelight made our silver faucet glean, the water glisten and my legs look amazingly tan. :) I had a People Style magazine all ready to peruse (a little splurge I picked up at Costco) but I ended up just leisurely shaving my legs and soaking in suds up to my shoulders with just me and my thoughts for forty minutes until I was thoroughly pruned.
It.Was.LOVELY.

And when it was all over I wrapped myself in a giant blanket towel and blew out my candles which left the bathroom smelling like eucalyptus, warm wax and smokey wick... a smell that I have now added to my list of favorite smells in the world. Heavenly.


So, at this moment, the house is clean, the yard has fresh "crop circles" thanks to yours truly, the babies are sleeping, my legs are silky smooth and my toenails are freshly painted. I am officially celebrating Friday-Eve in style ya'll.

Plus this counts as my "pre-game" relaxation. Tomorrow we celebrate somebody's first Birthday (a tiny bit early) and then again on Sunday. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.... probably a little o' both.

Perhaps the royal wedding and the long-awaited photos of "the dress" will distract me?
OK, who am I kidding. :)
Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Alright I might need to add candles to my list of bathroom needs!
I cannot believe the little man is one! Holy Moly! Time for another, I guess! :)