Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Doing & The UnDoing...

Logically we should start with the doing.
Yes, I present to you, "The Creation of the Great Gardner Guy Gingi House, 2014".
He who I thought would have the least patience with this afternoon project, really surprised me by showing the most dedication.  Which just goes to show, you never know, eh?

And while they busied their little hands with this bad boy...
Note: I'm whole-heartedly impressed with their handiwork since they did every last iota of decorating on their own with the exception of the piping on of the icing.  

Anyway, while they were at it... My mama and I did this.
Sawing pretzel rods with serrated knives included.  Whew.
Rustically adorable, right?
Which leads us to "the undoing"... a point which we arrived at in record time.
Yep, the cabin lived a long healthy life of a day and a half.
Thanks to this little swiper who was caught red handed!

Listen, I get it.  No one can withstand Grandma Gail's famous frosting.  He's no dummy... the royal icing remains unscathed, but that roof full of the good stuff?  Well, it's had better days.
Not that anyone cares.  An afternoon of memories logged with this lady tastes better than any amount of gingi house candy or frosting.  :)

No comments: