Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Big Eve on Skis...

Christmas Eve found us on the slopes of Sundance for the second year in a row.  We were praying for snow and luckily there was just enough to make the magic happen!
It's kind of the best Christmas Eve day activity ever because you're active and out in the gorgeous winterscapes and with one another.  It makes the time fly by and makes your muscles sore (if you happen to be skiing with a tot)  It just feels good, you know?
 How COOL are these two?  I know... I can't even stand how lucky we are.
And further, Acey tried out his ski legs for the first time ever and rocked it.  He was nervous looking up from the base and said to RyGar, "I don't think I like this.  It's a little bit scary up there."  He held on tight to Ry and when they got on the lift and it leisurely floated them up the mountainside he smiled and said, "I like this, Daddy!  This isn't fast and scary!  This is fun!"
Also of note, Grandpa Hooky saw our little family skiing selfie (see below) and told me I looked like Lindsay Vaughn (flattered) and proceeded to declare that must make Ryan the,
"Fairer skinned Tiger Woods".  Only Grandpa.
Speaking of Grandpa - we got to have my parents for Christmas Eve this year!  We were feeling all kinds of lucky because we also got to do dinner with Gardners then come home to the Albrechts... man o man - it felt like we hit the lottery.

Games were played.
The bible story was told.
Reindeer food was sprinkled.
Cookies were decorated and left out for Santa.
And then when all our work was done...
We settled in and listened for jingle bells and reindeer hooves.
Every year I think Christmas can't possibly get any better "than this" - 
And every year it somehow tops itself.
I love this family of mine.

No comments: