Friday, December 5, 2014

Seeing Stars...

There are several reasons I love my kids' preschool.
Among those reasons is the fact that Miss Amy schedules and follows through on field trips and encourages parent and sibling attendance.  Let me level with you... my kids WOULD NOT have experienced the planetarium in their lives were it not for a Preschool Field trip.
And I would not have remembered that the planets are grouped in three distinct categories: Gas Giants, Rocky Midgets, and Dwarf Planets.  Geez, Mrs. Riddle would be so proud of me right now.
Anyway, the whole planetarium trip with my three amigos and one of our favorite neighbor friends?  Well, that was "one small step for them... one giant leap for this mama", is what.
I'm not gonna lie they got all science-y on me with a hint of gore in large thanks to these cool exhibits that involved lightning and fog, and of course, the video of a comet hitting the earth and sending window shrapnel to human cheeks near you.  When in doubt, get some blood goin' for the little man crowd.... Rapt attention!
And it must have been an exhaustive day of learning, because no exaggeration, after just two minutes with the human furnace named Ryno, Ace Face was out cold.... seeing stars of a different variety.  It should be noted that the time of eve was 7:40 pm.  
Ah Yeah, Baby.  Let's chalk up a win for the old planetarium, indeed.

No comments: