Friday, December 19, 2014

Holiday Home Runs...

Just when I'm at my, "I can't take it anymore point" God lobs me a big old watermelon low and outside... just like I like 'em.  And there it is, my holiday home run.
I'm done with my Christmasy duties.  Gifts have been purchased, wrapped and delivered.  I'm officially in the, "Let's slow down and bask in this" mode.  And I'm giddy about it.  Like, batten down the hatches, we've stocked up, wrapped up and prepped to veg out/adventure like it's our bid-ness.
Ryan, on the other hand, is doing the typical "man caught in the holiday headlights" song and dance... Bless his heart.  He keeps asking me what I want for Christmas now that it's a week away.  And of course, I have a running list of "house stuff" that should eventually be addressed but works for now.  Fancy stuff like new pots and pans, or new couches... the stuff that every mama's birthday and Christmas list consists of.
But the thing is... I'm in a really, really ridiculously blessed and fortunate spot.
 
My sweet hubs works hard to provide for us.  My days are spent with the three amigos and I throw myself whole-heartedly into being their mama and his wifey.  I hit the sheets every night feeling full and good and productive and happy.  I have good health and a robust helping of energy to do things I need to do and things I love to do.  If I see something at Old Navy that just makes me smile, I can take it to the register.  My car works, the gas tank is full, my house is warm, my belly is full, my soul speaks to it's creator.....  I've literally got everything I need and want.
And how many people can even say that?
SO. LUCKY.
Don't think that is wasted on me.
 
So, I'm standing firm on my, "I really don't need a single thing" reply when I'm asked what I want for Christmas.  I'm happy.  They're happy (especially in this unseasonably warm December golf weather) And there are twinkling lights all over this house of ours.  I'm ready to bake and snuggle and do more of this over the next few weeks with my favorite people in the universe.  Yep, I'll probably add a few more Home Runs to my batting average is what I'm sayin'.
And that's mighty fine with me.
Bonus Points:  We're making reindeer food tonight as we host our first ever "North Pole" party with a little posse of tiny cousins.  I literally can't even wait.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Awesome. Adorable post! I am so jealous of your state of readiness, because I have a crapload of wrapping left to do.