Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Goodies...

Saying "this is one of my favorite pictures ever" is like saying, "this is my favorite type of Christmas candy" to me... next to impossible.  But this is the view I had Christmas Eve just after skiing when the boys climbed on RyGar's lap to see where Santa was on his computer.
That doppler radar video of Santa and his sleigh is Ah-Mazing.
 I know, I know - I almost died of happiness right there.
 And this was the view that Santa and his elves left up in the playroom
(A genius idea wherein little was left to be transported after the big delivery) 
 The boys were GAGA in the morning!
 Ace camped out right here on the big dig for the first half hour of the morning.
 Kael (who woke before the sun at 5 am and then raised the white flag of defeat when Daddy-o snuggled him next to his big warm body in our bed) had already snuck a peek at the big ticket items so the sock held LOTS of surprises.
 Dax and his cowboy guns... at last!
And RyGar - and the Yeti.  His rivaled a few others for best reaction of the day.
Ladies, when in doubt get 'em a Yeti.
Brothers gifting brothers might have been my favorite Christmas morning action.  Kael was the giver here and Dax was the receiver and it was pure magic.
 They were so dang proud and happy to GIVE.  Made my mama heart proud.
I make all sorts of mental notes about how thankful I am for family and home and comforts and motherhood and this little holiday window where babies and kids bring extra magic.
And one of our best holiday gifts?  Grandparents who joined in on the wrapping paper mayhem and promised to diligently record video "in hopes that we'll invite them back" - Duh.  And a White Christmas generously provided by Mother Nature.  Kudos on the timing, my friend.
I live a pretty amazing life... did I have to lift a finger to shovel?  Nah.  I got a small army of shovelers.
 And handsome flannel clad train builders.
 
And lucky for us and the way the calendar plays out, we're going to burrow in a little bit longer this season.  It is, after all, a season and not just a day.  So, more movies, more games, more adventures and more food with family.  We're going to fill up this week and on into the weekend with holiday things and family time to make sure we start 2015 out right.
This here?  This adds to what promises to be a killer year, eh?  
Hot dang he looks good on a motorcycle.  I think I'll keep him.
Merry Christmas SEASON... and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

You rocked it! Memories to last a lifetime. And holy cow, you are a MUCH nicer wife than me...a motorcycle?!?!? Wow.