Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pause - Fast Forward - Play...

It's worth noting that spring break is next week.  Which really means nothing in the big scheme of things in this house... because a couple of days sans preschool is barely a blip in the radar.  But for some reason those two words, "spring break" make my mouth turn up into a smile and I get all trunky and road-trippy and ready for adventure.  We've got plans.  And you know what they say about the best laid plans... but y'all - it's gonna be good.
In fact, the entire month is shaping up just fine, if I do say so myself.  On Sunday while we were whipping the April calendar into shape my gypsy hubs was adding in a little "Golf Outing" here, "Fishing Trip" there, "Easter Magic" here, and I was rolling my eyes at him but swooning all at the same time.  These boys and I have it made with our built in travelin' man at the helm of our ship.  The biggest boy of the family is a full-blown adventure seeker and I la-la-love it more than words can say.
On another note, we celebrated April Fools.  I mean, we really celebrated this year.  My sis-in-law texted me the night before and said, "I made KoolAid lookin' jello with straws, dyed the milk and turned all the pictures upside down.  Let me know if I should do anything else".  Then like a lame-o I responded with, "Geez - you set the bar high!  Guess I better get thinking."  Well, one thing led to another and before I knew it we had googly eyes adhered to everything in the fridge, colored milk, the television wrapped up like a present and two fake birds with clips on them for the preschoolers in my life.
You guys... They.Ate.It.Up.
Dax was SO giddy just at the idea of walking into his preschool class with a bird on his shoulder he could scarcely take a step without giggling.  Kael thought wrapping up the TV was downright hysterical and he alerted the entire county with his laughter, which made it all worth it. And Ace Man, well, he is still fixated on the pink milk.  "I don't want stwa-bewy milk, Mom!"
You win some, you lose some, you know?
And their last trick of the day?  They were laughing and squealing as they headed up the stairs to show me... "Mommy, do you see anything really, very funny about our jammies?!"
I do believe they've got the hang of this pranking business y'all.  

 

I texted my Mom and told her about our shenanigans and she said, "Good Job, Mama, you know how important it is for gents to have a sense of humor" and I thought to myself, dang straight, lady.  And I was proud of their comedic chops all day long.  Sure, I'm creating the next generation of pranksters... but our little tricks were harmless and still fun.  I'll chalk that up to a life lesson and a day full of good things.  I am mighty obsessed with my three little good things, you guys... MIGHTY obsessed.
:)

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

You are so awesome! I was a total April Fools slacker this year. I vow to take it up a notch or ten next year.