Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Brudders...

Yes, you read that right.
Lately bromance has been in full bloom around here and I would be lying if I told you I wasn't rendered completely powerless by it.  These "brothers" are such good playmates of late.  Their nature is winning out over my nurture and it makes me so freakin' happy to listen to them be kind and friendly to one another.  They have the best conversations and the brightest ideas together, and this hood ain't never seen a gang of bike riders like the one racing down our driveway.

Just yesterday, in fact, our oldest sat at the table for lunch, looked me square in the eye and pronounced so sincerely,
"Mom, I want twelve brudders."  
"You do?"  I asked.
"Yep, twelve brudders -- because I love my brudders so much."
As if I wasn't already nearly imploding from my ovaries that were hatching eggs by the dozen at his sweet, sweet comment, then Dax joined in...
"And Mom, I want six brudders to play with all the day long."
Geez, if they keep this up they might end up with a few more.  I mean, I might have to go fetch another male partner to make it happen, but you know, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.  :)  Kidding.  But really, how does RyGar not fall prey to these sentimental outbursts of theirs?  Ah-mazing.
To be fair, they've been surrounded by little dude cousins all week to the tune of seven of 'em under the age of 5 and I'm sure, in the eyes of a dirt lovin', mess makin', popsicle eatin' toddler man child, that is the stuff that dreams are made of.  So, you know, a baseball team of their very own brothers and the non-stop flow of popcorn at Grandma's was looking like Heaven.
And on a completely unrelated note.  Earlier this week I went downstairs to fetch the rowdies for dinner and they were all stripped to their undies running around the basement and jumping from the couches.  
"What are you guys doing?"
I yelled asked, as I surveyed the scene and noted abandoned jeans and crumpled shirts lying on the rug.
And in the most condescending tone I have ever heard a three-year-old use, Dax said,
"MOM!  We are bein' Hulk Smash!"
Then he exchanged a knowing look with Kael and Ace that wreaked of...
"Poor clueless girl.  She just doesn't get it."
I concur.  I don't get it.  But I'm glad that the three of them do.
Long live the bromance - however messy and comical it might get.
P.S. I promise these are just about the last of our Spring Break pictures.  
P.P.S Kudos to St. George children's museum.  A Plane to fly and a car to fix?  Genius.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

So, so awesome! If your boys ever start to fight, just remind them how lucky they are to have each other. My poor Dax is a lone man cub in a house of princesses. Poor guy.