Monday, April 7, 2014

And Then There Were Three...

The window of opportunity presented itself the other day for little man to steal away on one of the wheelers.  It was a ballsy move, y'all.  But I'm happy to say, he seized the moment, and all his observing and patient waiting paid off in droves.
It was freezing out.  Literally.  I could see my breath and the latest snow had just melted into the slowly greening grass, but he was determined.  This month the man craves wheels.  And not just his beloved little, red two-wheeler (which he can now do "wheelie pops" on) but a motorized, blue four-wheeler-- naturally.  Roads are made to be driven on, and this little man is loving the view from another foot up.
I, on the other hand, am loving the view from the driveway.  Watching his tiny hands cautiously steer and his lashes brush the tops of his cheeks as he maneuvers and cruises a little bit more boldly as his confidence grows by the minute.
He's a fearless little creature.  And this next look?  It's his, "I'm the bees knees" look.  Don't touch that one - it's trademarked to Ace a' Spades.
He's having an independence explosion.  And I love it.  Two and a half years in and I'm more sure than ever that this one is a keeper, y'all.  
Despite his premature, overly healthy need for speed.
He makes me so happy.
And it goes without saying, but the need for another wheeler is at critical mass, you guys.
Keep workin' like a rockstar, RyGar.  :)

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Too funny. If your kids are as good at sharing as my kids are, you better get yourself another one of those QUICK. Acey is too cute, love the hat and camo pants!