Friday, September 6, 2013

Public Enemy Numero Uno...

My kids are public enemy number one of grasshoppers. 


 If I didn't know it was normal to torment bugs {thanks to a brother who acted like Sid himself a la Toy Story} I would be worried, but turns out, most boys put a magnifying glass to the back of a beetle at some point in life.  They also moosh ants betwixt their little fingers, stomp on potato bugs that two seconds earlier they were marveling at and pull worms and caterpillars apart per their segmented bodies.  It's weird, but true.  I try (and usually fail) to act nonchalant about it, because... ewwww.


Anyway, back to "locusts" as Kaelster sometimes calls them.  Which, where did he learn that term?  Certainly not from me.  That sounds like such a high brow name for a lowly inset that eats my sweet potato vine, you know?


My kids dive to the pavement and crawl along on their bellies if need be to be the first to lay hands on an unsuspecting grasshopper.  Then, the victor gets the privilege of removing said insect's limbs which creates a chorus of evil-ish little giggles and then they do something totally whack like chuck the remaining thorax, abdomen and head into the running air conditioner.

???

Don't I know it, y'all.  I'm learning every day about what having little boys means.  And this is another lesson brought to you by a trio of them and their awestruck mother.

Note the "What?" on Acey's face.  He is a young Padewon in bug torture training.

Happy Weekend.
And grasshoppers - you've been warned.
If you know what's good for you you'll steer clear of this joint and then some.

1 comment:

Loveyoutons.mom said...

I have a few offerings they can dissect! But I can even imagine how they do it. Can one say you are having the BEST life ever*!*!!