Friday, September 13, 2013

Monstrosity of a Day...

Today I found the lint screen from my dryer in the fridge next to the milk.


I also painfully discovered that the under wire in my bra has dislodged itself and while running errands it attempted to drill a hole through my left side with such veracity my eyes were watering.  I ripped that sucker off once I made it the safety of the car and pulled a flower child stunt to collect my much needed Diet Coke on ice at the gas station & then officially called T.O.D on my day at 3:12 this afternoon.


I used to laugh when I'd find the milk carton in the pantry or the ice cream in the fridge... I thought my mom was losing it.  Now I just want to go back in time, get her a glass of water and a Tylenol and tuck her into bed for a nice restful nap.  Bless you, Mama.  Not like, "Oh, Bless Your Little Heart" which we all know is a backhanded thing to say, but really, "Bless You" for doing it all.  I finally know what that feels like, and by golly, on days like today it literally almost brings tears to my eyes.


So... you might say it's a good thing it's finally the weekend and we'll have an extra set of hands, specifically Daddy-o's hands, to make sure things run more smoothly around these parts with the little monsters for at least a couple of days.


And on that note -- May your lovins be good to you this weekend.
And may your bras stay in one piece.  
Amen.

2 comments:

PNRBAC said...

Oh! I just love you! It's been an extra large vanilla Dr. Pepper from Sonic kind of week for me too...can I please come with you the next time you go? And can we leave all the kids with the Gardner dads for a few hours and shop and laugh and go home ready to jump back into the chaos? Cause dang...

lisa louise said...

amen! and may i just say....you dont really need a bra anyway! hahahaha kidding kidding..kinda! :)
hey i'm gonna pay someone a LOT of money to take away my need for a bra!