Tuesday, September 3, 2013

BAM - It's Fall...

Last night felt like the official close of the summer book.  We shut the cover gingerly and then hugged it close and breathed in a sigh of contentment.   This summer was full of goodness for us.  Lots of time with our little family celebrating lots of little firsts as we checked items off our summer bucket list.  Nothing big or fancy, but not a single thing too small. 




I watched my little men surrounding their big papa bear out on the trampoline and doing "wheelie pops" on their bikes and I literally sent a prayer of thanks up to the Heavens.  I am so blessed.  To see three little faces that radiate happiness and joy... three healthy boys when I thought there might be none.  It is out of this world amazing to me every single day.  



And last night was the eve of Preschool.  We talked about where each little preschooler would go and where they would hang their back pack and what they might do with their teachers.  We talked about making new friends and where to go potty if the need arises.  They are ready.  Excited mingled with nervousness and a pinch of "I'm a big boy now".  And it rocks my very reality to know how it all happened at lightning speed.




There were no tears, a last minute nervous, "I don't wanna go to school," from Daximus and an impatient "Mom, why aren't you taking me to school?" from Kael who goes later in the day.  And if you would kindly draw your attention to the first day of school wardrobe selections, you'll get an insight to a couple of little bodies who have the huge job of containing some BIG personalities.  A "basketball shirt" for Dax Man and some "Jeans pants with tool 'spenders" for Kael.  If Acey got to choose he would be a streaker.  So, you know, we are the village people here.




So here I am, with a basket full of fresh peaches... the very symbolization of fall, a house full of growing babies, and a heart full of thanks.  September is the official start of the fourth quarter of the year and it holds pure potential for cozy, homey, warm & delicious things... Including more memories of the best variety... with my little family.  


And I'm all in.

3 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

Cute little preschoolers! Glad you get a little break from one or the other, and i NEED me some peaches pronto!

The Venutis said...

You're boys are getting so big!

Also if it's any consolation I did not know the soccer shins were covered by socks my first time at soccer either! We can't help it...small town girls.

Chrystie said...

Omigosh, I love Kael and his spenders.