Monday, September 16, 2013

Long Time Comin'...

You Guys, this past weekend a long-time dream was realized for me.  You aren't even gonna believe what it is, but trust me, it was a big dealio for this gal.


THIS little handsome dude performed in his first-ever Primary program at Church.  And this Mama almost bawled.  You know, Primary Programs are where its at if you ask me, and if you've ever sat in church and oogled over the cute little guy waving from the pulpit at his Mom & Dad in the congregation and willed back tears because, THAT, right there, is all you've ever wanted-- you probably don't get what a HUGE weekend it was for me.  


I got to sit in the back and watch our dapper little toe-head sing "I am a Child of God" at the top of his lungs in his red power tie, while I held the warm little body of his overly tired brother who was craning his neck to see, while the littlest of all, who didn't have a chance of staying awake, slept at home with Daddy.  And there it was -- An official, "You have arrived at family status" in the realm of church.


Dax kept asking when he could go up to sing.  He does, after all, know all the words.  Once the meeting was over he and I kissed our Kaelster and then drove home to switch Daddy-o baby watching duties and he fell right asleep in my bed while I changed out of my dress in the bathroom.  Just a little too little wee one.  Soon you'll have the stamina of a big Sunbeam.


And in the name of fairness here is a cute picture of Ace.  Because, that boy is nothing if not a great poser.  And a fantastic napper (which leads to his nonexistence at one o'clock church block).

These little faces keep growing and changing.  They are still my babies, just a little bit bigger.  I'll always be so grateful to be their Mama and they will always be the coolest things I have ever done.   And on days like Primary Program day?  My chest will be filled with pride at the little Sunbeam in the pinstriped suit.  


That one, he is definitely one of our most vibrant rays of sunshine. 
.XO.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh man. Aren't little boys in suits the most heart stopping mix of handsome and cuteness?! I love the power tie!!

The Sutherland Family said...

Oh my gosh, you do get kind of emotional don't you! They look so handsome in their suits!

Chrystie said...

Congratulations! (I love Kael's suit, wherever did you get it?) And I completely get where you are coming from! it is so, so SOOOOO awesome to finally be the mom getting the waves from the stand!

The Belnaps said...

could you die at the cuteness..oh man the first pic of many in a suit. love it..wait til they start passing the sacrament..be still my heart :)